• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 5:Logroño-logroño 168.0 Km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The organisers are trying something different, it could well fail badly on TV but its sure to be great for the fans who get along in person.
For me Im happy to see them take risks and try differnet things and I'll cope with those that flop as long as some of them work.

Panda Claws said:
When is the next interesting stage?
Tomorrow :)

EDIT: It's ending on this:
68fef9e7c58e43db512548668e245174o.jpg

Libertine Seguros said:
Poggio after 160km is nothing, and we have a bunch sprint 10 times out of 10.

Poggio after 290km is an obstacle which can cause the race to break apart. Sometimes it doesn't, but it is a challenge.

Óscar Freire after 150km doesn't have the speed and hasn't for years. Óscar Freire after 250km is a threat, even today.

I'd love to see a MSR-like stage in a grand tour, wont happen at all though

Even organizators put a stage like this, probably 50 riders will come to finish together

Libertine Seguros said:
Poggio after 160km is nothing, and we have a bunch sprint 10 times out of 10.

Poggio after 290km is an obstacle which can cause the race to break apart. Sometimes it doesn't, but it is a challenge.

Óscar Freire after 150km doesn't have the speed and hasn't for years. Óscar Freire after 250km is a threat, even today.
As you say, that would be a challenge of course. I mean 240km stages that may have some 4th or 3rd category climbs far from the finish and are usually taken either by sprinters or by some random break.

Of course a San Remo stage presents a completely different race depending if it's a classic or in a GT stage. So yes, I still stand with my opinion :p

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The lap they are doing is around 21 km. With 2 km cars behind the peleton, he would need about 20 mins ? Maybe 22 to lap them ;)

Would be funny, like indoor cycling, you get bonus points.

However, they will never let it get that far, as you wont be able to take him back ever if hes safely in the peloton.

TRENDING THREADS