• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 5:Logroño-logroño 168.0 Km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Froome could try something, he's only 1" back. It is too flat for Alberto, Purito + Mollema could go for it as well.

Alberto might drop a few places in the gc after this stage :(

I don't know if cf would really want the overall lead right now. I tend to think not. Besides, if you crash as leader, still no one waits for you, so what's the advantage ? :D

alberto.legstrong said:
I don't know if cf would really want the overall lead right now. I tend to think not. Besides, if you crash as leader, still no one waits for you, so what's the advantage ? :D

Okay true. Purito could try and extend his lead though and Mollema could move up to third, two times 4 secs up for grabs or even more?

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Down to 4 minutes - I reckon he's playing with the bunch slowing down to make them think he's tired then he's just going to GO! and take off and they won't have a hope of pulling him back...

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
Would Swift have had a chance in that stage if he had a better lead out or was he just done for speed?

He was isolated for quite a way out,was in the wind much longer than the two infront of him for sure.

wirral said:
Or like in the Worlds, all lapped riders are immediately kicked out of the race.

Did the Geelong WC breakaway not only fail to catch the back of the peloton by a very short margin? What would have happened then? Whole peloton told to stop, and have 5-man race? Game of virtual tag, whereby each man in the peloton that they passed was told to drop out (like a huge elimination race)? Or escapees allowed to ride within bunch, and then try to work out which of them crossed the line first while everyone else was hearing the virtual bell (which, according to Roche's book, was the specific pre-race plan of the Irish team)?

TRENDING THREADS