• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Australian National Championships: Men's Road Race, 195.6km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
auscyclefan94 said:
I honestly don't know many Victorian riders, so I can't base my following on states. Ferminal, do you honestly want to listen to a fawning Tomalaris at the end of the coverage?

Nobody wants that.:eek:

EDIT: I am barracking for anyone but a GreenEdge rider. Nothing personal, but I like an underdog.

My pick for today is Meyer, roughie Von Hoff. Think Rohan Dennis could be a good chance as well.

I'd hope for Durbridge to win but if it has to be someone else on GreenEdge I'd prefer Matthews or Meyer over Gerrans :eek: Someone other than GreenEdge winning doesn't seem realistic to me.

Where is Tan?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I'd hope for Durbridge to win but if it has to be someone else on GreenEdge I'd prefer Matthews or Meyer over Gerrans :eek: Someone other than GreenEdge winning doesn't seem realistic to me.

Garmin have a very good team. If Saxo turned up with all 4 riders, they could have been very dangerous.

Gap down to 4'21''.

Pat Shaw is now not working, along with Durbridge. Should be onto the 11 shorter circuits soon.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:

Where is Tan?

Getting a manicure?

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
Any Aussie's want to tell us what's happening?
Gap is 5.20 to peloton. Breakaway of 7 about to reduce to 6. Durbridge, Sulzberger, Shaw, Windsor, Bayly, Szol someone looking pretty organised. Mowatt about to be dropped up the climb. Peloton still cruising although bigger names coming to the front - Will Clarke, Porte, Wurf, Brown at the front of a very large peloton. OGE sitting massed as a group.

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Break has exploded - only 5 left after the most recent climb. Durbridge, Sulzberger, Shaw, Windsor, Szolosi (last two are only hanging on). 55kms to go. Last info was 5min gap to peloton.

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Tuarts said:
GreenEdge not even trying to chase. Boring.
Why would they? Anyway, things starting to happen now - gap is still over 5 mins but breakaway is down to 3 (Durbridge, Shaw, Sulzberger). Will Clarke attacked from peloton. Hepburn OGE marking him.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Tricky Dicky said:
Why would they? Anyway, things starting to happen now - gap is still over 5 mins but breakaway is down to 3 (Durbridge, Shaw, Sulzberger). Will Clarke attacked from peloton. Hepburn OGE marking him.
To make this a race?

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Durbridge attacked the breakaway. Not working yet. These three could stay away I reckon but they're playing silly ******s. The peloton not urgent enough consistently enough - riders will need to come across. Hayman, T Meyer, Dennis trying to get across to Bobridge - that chase group could get to the leaders. 2 laps to go.

TRENDING THREADS