• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Fleche Wallonne (17 April)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Fleche Wallonne?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Bushman said:
Thanks. I'm not quit convinced about GTs either. Is he big enough to be a real factor on the cobbles? He is something like 68 Kg no? But may not hurt him too much in flanders, where most of the cobbles are uphill.

weight doesn't matter in races like flanders, only in roubaix to some extent. he is 176 and 68 kg, which is pretty heavy bmi. but we saw guys like boogerd in front in flanders that were 178 and 63 kg.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Bushman said:
Thanks. I'm not quit convinced about GTs either. Is he big enough to be a real factor on the cobbles? He is something like 68 Kg no? But may not hurt him too much in flanders, where most of the cobbles are uphill.

Is weight given too much bearing on the cobbles,could absolute power be just as important?.Have ridden on plenty of cobbles easier to ride when you giving it plenty:D(never raced obviously tho)
Anyone raced cobbles and has some insight?

Re: Dan Martin,

Will10 & liamito,

I don't know if Dan is Giro'ing or not. Hope He isn't spent, scheduled for rest time etc. 'cause He'd be valuable for Ryder. Or to be there in case Ryder falters. Defending Pink has to be up there with oxygen.

Go Garmin

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The GCW said:
Will10 & liamito,

I don't know if Dan is Giro'ing or not. Hope He isn't spent, scheduled for rest time etc. 'cause He'd be valuable for Ryder. Or to be there in case Ryder falters. Defending Pink has to be up there with oxygen.

Go Garmin

My understanding was he was targetting the Ardennes and then rebuilding for Le Tour.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
User Guide said:
Is weight given too much bearing on the cobbles,could absolute power be just as important?.Have ridden on plenty of cobbles easier to ride when you giving it plenty:D(never raced obviously tho)
Anyone raced cobbles and has some insight?

Look at how Contador went on the Muur last year, you just need good power/weight ratio to do well on cobbled climbs. (+good positioning is very important)

Roubaix is more about absolute power. From my own experience riding long cobble roads is horrible though.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
for any amateur and maybe even any pro riding cxobbles on a racingbike with hard tires is pure hell. for races like flanders indeed is most important to be able to place well.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
does anyone know where rujano started in the final climb? he wasn't in first 40 for sure.

At 4 to go he was at the back.(next to one of those Colombia riders in the video link)

He didn't have much help for the finale, so I doubt he started the Mur with the first 50.

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Great win for Dani Moreno, after a very good acceleration! I'm really happy for him, he really deserved to win an important one-day race. As for the Colombians, another great show from them, too bad that Quintana wasn't in the mix. Gilbert is not the favorite for LBL, it's going to be very difficult for him. I predict a very open race on Sunday, with another surprise winner.

Dazed and Confused said:
Henao keeps going and going. All season long.

Vuelta and then Worlds RR? Rainbow jersey? Why not.
I have been following Henao in the last 4 years and I can tell you that his consistency is amazing and his biggest asset (Knock on wood). In that respect he has the edge over the other Colombians.

Eventually with age and kilometers he will have to slow down.

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
henao's base level is very high, similar to quintana and both also are incredibly consistant
I'm truly curious if Henao's level will be the same if he'll race for other team than Sky next year.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
His form is growing, now the weather needs to stay like it is now, preferably in Italy.

yes alhtough there is much relief now. we now he's not focussed on giro and if he doens't ride well there he has more than half a season still to go with tons of opportunities, mostly suisse and the vuelta.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Swarley said:
I'm truly curious if Henao's level will be the same if he'll race for other team than Sky next year.

you clearly don't know henao. he won vuelta colombia at age 22, and at age 23 he was already kicking leipheimers *** in utah, all while riding for antioquia

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
you clearly don't know henao. he won vuelta colombia at age 22, and at age 23 he was already kicking leipheimers *** in utah, all while riding for antioquia
I know Henao and I'm watching him from the beginning, but I'm just asking if he would have the same results, giving the fact that many riders who left Sky didn't have the same results afterwards? Are you 100% sure that in another team, where he would be the absolute leader, he will be the same rider that he is at Sky? Look at what's happening with the riders from Colombia, great talents, but without results under Corti. You get my point now?

TRENDING THREADS