• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia 04/05 - 26/05

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
You're not Dutch? Caribbean, or something?

Many hardcore cycling fans (the kind that visit cycling websites) certainly still support him to some extent, but the average Joe doesn't, I get the feeling. Could be wrong though. Maybe it's time for Maurice de Hond to step in.

A sweat pea sounds really gross, BTW. Perhaps you mean sweet pea?

Yeah but the fact that he did f.ckall in the rest doesn't ;)

Foreign born, yes, and spent my formative years in several other countries. So definitely not Dutch in any shape or form. I've been in Holland for a while now, for work, but somehow haven't really connected with the typical Royal family-worshiping airheads that make up, I don't know, a significant majority of this tiny country? I'll try harder, though. :D

About Gesink. A few other non-Dutch forum members have made similar statements. It's common sense, really. He may perform in the hilly stages and the long TT, but stage 10, the three 5-star mountains stages and the MTT ...I can't see it happening. Maybe he'll do okay in one of those stages. Two at most. I don't think I'm overly biased, but we'll find out soon enough.

Looking at the gallery on the front page it looks that one of the contenders is more ugly than another ^^

Damn there's Samu still smart and Betancure & Phinney as the playaz, but the rest.

Hell, Gesink & Evans are looking worse than Sella :D

Maybe they should've bring on Pellizotti, cause Franco at least has this 80's style pleasure man look with him ;)

Edit: Shame on me! How could I forget about Danilo di Luca. Maybe the last gigolo on bike since Gibo is gone.

damn missed the presentation :(

how was it? anything important ?

looks like killer is the twin brother of alejet:

BJWI10FCIAEdkiz.jpg

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why will Eurosport broadcast the race during the week on the channel 2 instead of international (although it doesn't really change anything).
Looking at the schedule after Monday there's no objective reason for it. There are no bigger events overlapping with the Giro. And a funny thing is that during the second week of the Giro, Tour of California and Tour of Norway will broadcast International.
It's disappointing if negative media trend continues despite very attractive field and route. It's probably related to the ASO and the Tour. Eurosport, as far as I know, is governed from Paris.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
whittashau said:
Anyone know what Cannondale rider will be going for the GC in Basso's absence? Caruso or Wurf I assume?

Cannondale isn't really the GC team they were of the past anymore. Don't expect them to be contending for any high up GC placings. They'll more likely just be hunting for stages.

whittashau said:
Anyone know what Cannondale rider will be going for the GC in Basso's absence? Caruso or Wurf I assume?

Just out of curiosity: What has Wurf ever done to make you consider him as a GC guy in a grand tour?

I'd say Damiano Caruso is the obvious team leader, but I'd prefer if he went stage hunting rather than grinding out a top 15 placing overall. Sarmiento could also be interesting. He's been quietly doing pretty well over the last year. Had a fairly good Pais Vasco.

I'm gonna miss Basso :(