2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

  • Other/Garzelli

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
ILovecycling said:
I know he doesnt need train,but he deserves some respect.
Thomas,ebh,eisel,knees,pate what a great climbers:rolleyes:...and Jtl - respect for this guy, but Alpine climbs?Sorry sir:eek:...and like a bonus ,tired Sir Climber Wiggins riding in grupetto every single stage.
Only good mountain domestiques are Uran,Sioutsu and Porte(if he isnt tired).
uran won't do the tour
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
wwabbit said:
I'd be surprise if Porte doesn't end up riding in support of Froome in the TdF, he seem to be Froome's most trusted ally seeing as he was a last-minute insertion into the Vuelta 2012 team and they are regular roommates. So I wouldn't discount the possibility of both Wiggins and Porte doing both the Giro and the Tour.
he's wiggins most trusted. in about every interview porte says he loves to eb arround wiggo. he is supporting him in eveyr race he's in or vice versa. so no he;'s doing the giro and the tour with whatever he has left (not much)
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
ILovecycling said:
Oh lord,its worse and worse...I hope he will have a chance for GC result in Giro then
uran will do giro-vuelta, just like henao, henao will be leader in vuelta
 
Feb 15, 2013
176
0
0
Haven't read all of the thread but I find it astonishing that Nibali is ahead of Wiggins. What is the thinking behind this - are you all expecting Wiggins to be much worse this year? Wiggins is going to hand out a beatdown in the time trials and Nibali showed absolutely nothing in the Tour de France last year to suggest he can hurt Wiggins in the mountains.
 
Oct 26, 2012
229
0
0
JRanton said:
Wiggins, Porte, Henao, Dombrowski, Kennaugh, Knees, Lopez, Kiryienka, Uran, Cataldo
I know that these guys have said they are scheduled for the giro but I think it would be fairly unfair on froome if this is the giro squad (minus 1). It seems an excessive amount of climbing talent when compared with who would then be in froome's tour team. I think it may be better if pate, xandio or stannard where in the giro squad in place of one or two of the better climbers. Sky could have similar imbalances with their T-A/P-N squads in terms of genuine gc riders

Or maybe brailsford wants to see an exciting tour unlike last yr and is willing to leave froome isolated...:p
 

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
1,325
0
0
Froome is so strong already and he will get so much stronger i don't think he needs much of a team hehe
 
jamesmasters said:
Haven't read all of the thread but I find it astonishing that Nibali is ahead of Wiggins. What is the thinking behind this - are you all expecting Wiggins to be much worse this year? Wiggins is going to hand out a beatdown in the time trials and Nibali showed absolutely nothing in the Tour de France last year to suggest he can hurt Wiggins in the mountains.
Sounds like a comment from someone who just watched Tour of Oman.
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
Wow, the forum members are so benevolent and objective to Wiggins!
Seriously I root for intrigue but I fear Wiggins can win it easily. Vincenzo should offer something new to win. A factor of climbs is absolutely neutral or at best gives Nibali only slight edge
 
BlenJones2 said:
I know that these guys have said they are scheduled for the giro but I think it would be fairly unfair on froome if this is the giro squad (minus 1). It seems an excessive amount of climbing talent when compared with who would then be in froome's tour team. I think it may be better if pate, xandio or stannard where in the giro squad in place of one or two of the better climbers. Sky could have similar imbalances with their T-A/P-N squads in terms of genuine gc riders

Or maybe brailsford wants to see an exciting tour unlike last yr and is willing to leave froome isolated...:p
On the other hand, Froome showed last year that he has a better kick than Wiggins which means that the does not need a Wiggins train in the mountains. Maybe they are also thinking that they are the team to beat in the Giro which results also in a stronger mountain train to control the race.
 
Netserk said:
There isn't exactly many flat stages.
How many teams, who are likely to have to control large parts of the race, do you see line-up with just one flat domestique?

A bonus for Sky is that Knees and Pate can both climb a little bit so they won't be entirely useless on the big climbing stages (early grunt work).
 
JRanton said:
How many teams, who are likely to have to control large parts of the race, do you see line-up with just one flat domestique?

A bonus for Sky is that Knees and Pate can both climb a little bit so they won't be entirely useless on the big climbing stages (early grunt work).
If everything goes according to Sky's plan Sir Wiggo will grab pink after stage 8, which will leave 13 Giro style stages where the lead needs defending.

So tempo riding with Knees and Pate? Everyday, for two weeks?

Looking forward to the action.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
JRanton said:
How many teams, who are likely to have to control large parts of the race, do you see line-up with just one flat domestique?

A bonus for Sky is that Knees and Pate can both climb a little bit so they won't be entirely useless on the big climbing stages (early grunt work).
why would they need anyone to control flat stages? whatever sprinters teams there are will do of course :facepalm:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS