• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage 1: Napoli - Napoli, 130 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
RAI said the AG2R guy was Belletti...

Whew, glad it wasn't Betancur, I've got him on 3 Giro Fantasy games. I need him to stay upright. Hope Belletti will be able to continue though.

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
SKSemtex said:
Solid work from Cannondale in the end. At least we have podium. :)

I don't want to say it like this... But that team is 100% Sagan.

It's good for cannondele, it's great for Sagan, it's bad for us when Sagan is not participating. Well, maybe he is dressing the sprinter suit, getting ready to hammer it on the tour.

37521979.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
pedromartins said:

It's good for cannondele, it's great for Sagan, it's bad for us when Sagan is not participating. Well, maybe he is dressing the sprinter suit, getting ready to hammer it on the tour.

I don't know about that, Cannondale really lit up the final for Viviani today. I'd say that was pretty good for us.

pedromartins said:

Well said. Last time I saw him he lost 500m sprint against amateur.:D

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Awesome spint by Cav

Viviani has done some impressive sprinting throughout the season, but he just seems to make all sorts of weird mistakes and never wins :eek:

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Goss should stop pretending being an sprinter & try to become a different type if rider because his failure today was massive!!!:p
nonetheless congrats to CAV
Yes, it was very sad to see that if his leadout-guy tried harder Goss would be dropped like a stone.
SKSemtex said:
Well said. Last time I saw him he lost 500m sprint against amateur.:D
Lack of motivation, perhaps. He raced too much, taking a rest and working those red fibers will make him hammer cav on a flat sprint finish! This is his tour!

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Yes, but did the gaps exist just because someone fell? The differences are big.
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Awesome spint by Cav

Viviani has done some impressive sprinting throughout the season, but he just seems to make all sorts of weird mistakes and never wins :eek:
Yes, it doesn't helps when Cav is all fired up like this, going berserk and Sh*t.
Netserk said:
It wasn't aimed at anyone specifically.

Just what I fear will happen this May :(

Why do you fear that? I would love to have those July fans here, admiring the giro. That way, maybe, the giro gets the prestige it deserves.

Having the giro for the cycling's true diehardfan might sound good, but not for the race itself.

If I was the boss, I would put the tour in May and the Giro in July, so anyone can see how great a GT can be.

Also, there's no El Pisti here. :)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
pedromartins said:
Yes, but did the gaps exist just because someone fell? The differences are big.

Yes, it doesn't helps when Cav is all fired up like this, going berserk and Sh*t.

Why do you fear that? I would love to have those July fans here, admiring the giro. That way, maybe, the giro gets the prestige it deserves.

Having the giro for the cycling's true diehardfan might sound good, but not for the race itself.

If I was the boss, I would put the tour in May and the Giro in July, so anyone can see how great a GT can be.

Also, there's no El Pisti here. :)

I am at Velorooms.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hondo, the clever and fast old man... Great riding in the finale today :)

Also good to see Lancaster there, he clearly likes the Giro opening day. ;)

Cavendish looks terrible in the sprints style-wise, with his ultra deep position, but it´s extremely fast. Goss little bit disappointing, I agree.

TRENDING THREADS