• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro d'Italia, stage 17: Caravaggio - Vicenza 214k

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
4-point gain in points competition for Evans compared to Cav. Visconti is only 25 pts. back too... If those beasts of a stages on Friday/Saturday are sufficiently eased by weather, he may still contest the Maglia Rosso. Long-shot though.

Cav still in Red
Clipboard-4_zpsb9f94bc4.png

Fantastic final 25km...totally made up for the initial boredom :)

Visconti bossing it again, and Movistar racks up 4 wins Chapeau!!!!

Poor Cav, this was much to big an ask of him. Still he got some intermediate points.

Giro sure does know how to create some interesting parcours. Now just hoping the weather allows some of the major climbs to happen.

what a kick asz ride from Visconti. How fast he closed the gap to Rubiano and Killer, then immediately dropped the latter like a stone and another huge dig near the top, cracking Rubiano.

Also rofl at Navardauskas. It's hilarious because when the peloton came through the final corner, I said to my friend they (well, at least some) think they're sprinting for the win. And yep, I was right :eek:

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Why was Cavendish mad at Avila when they crossed the line? Could be that he was just mad in general aswell and that it looked like he was mad at Avila

Mad at himself for not being able to reward the teams hard work & the fact nobody would work with them to bring back the front group & then not be content to just ride in