2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage 4: Policastro Bussentino - Serra San Bruno

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Unfortunately with no clear pictures of Wiggo just before the crash it's all speculation. With around 3km to go it looked as though he was at the back of the main bunch. He may or may not have lost contact a few hundred metres down the road but you cant be sure.

Nobody can say at this moment if it was just an error on his part or perhaps suffering a little. The only man who can answer that is Wiggo himself, His form over the next few days will shed more light on this.
 
Sep 23, 2011
536
0
0
to repeat, In the early stages in Vuelta he stayed near the back of the pack on tricky finishes stage 1 and again later on (stage 7?). He was criticised here at the time because he was risking a split and losing a few seconds.

As far as I can tell, all that happened was that this time Wiggins lost a handful of seconds doing the same thing. I wouldn't make any judgement about his legs based on a wet downhill finish.

As far as Evans, he showed himself very visibly in the early stages of last year's Tour but when it came to the big stuff he had nothing to give. Lets wait before assuming he's a contender.
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
lol at maxmartin saying on the bright side great racing ahead, we don't need to see what your biased view is, I can see that on every Sky and wiggins article on the main page. You are probably glad he loses time, with all the clinic refrences we hear from you.
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
looks like uran and henao ride for themselves and are f****** wiggins. Let's hope this will happen :)
Yes and in Uran's case fail like last year lmao.
 
Jan 3, 2011
4,596
0
0
The Hitch said:
I don't get what you guys are moaning about. Saying that you think someone losing time is a sign of weakness does not mean you hate them.

People who like and don't like Wiggins cam be found accross both sides of this debate.

So it's not a question of hate. But any hate Wiggins does get he fully deserves with his despicable comments in defense of his hero la vs Landis and his treatment of Garmin and all his other total jerk behaviour.
Agree. I dont like Wiggo at all. I really hope Nibali destroys him, but I dont think the loss of the 17 secs was due to weakness. Maybe just a little fear of the wet roads and wanting to stay safe. Nevertheless, its a boost to guys like Nibali that Sky and Wiggo are not invincible and that they will try to take seconds out of him all the time.

Ryo Hazuki said:
looks like uran and henao ride for themselves and are f****** wiggins. Let's hope this will happen :)
Would love that

TANK91 said:
lol at maxmartin saying on the bright side great racing ahead, we don't need to see what your biased view is, I can see that on every Sky and wiggins article on the main page. You are probably glad he loses time, with all the clinic refrences we hear from you.
I think we are all biased. And thats ok as long as long as we argue with more or less logical arguments.
 
Jan 3, 2011
4,596
0
0
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
No, it is much easier/convenient to say everyone hates Sky while Sky messed up today, big time. Uran sprinting for the win, Henao just behind him and the old Brad swimming/drowning 300 metres back.
Agree, It was strange that Henao and Uran werent at Wiggo's side. Either a screw up or they just dont give a ****

Richeypen said:
A threeway battle between Ryder, Wiggins and Nibali has the potential to be epic and produce some brilliant racing. What I want to see is riders on top of their game racing for the title. Its sad that certain people on here seem to want Wiggins out of the reckoning all together due to petty hate.

I personally cant stand Contador but I hope he shows up in great shape for the Tour
I dont like Wiggo at all, and I dont want him to crash or anything. I want him to be plainly and simply destroyd in the mountains without any possible excused due to crashes etc.

The incident today was, as far as I can tell, his and his team's own fault. Why was he at the back of the peloton in the first place? Why were his team mates in the front and not helping the captain?
 
Jan 3, 2011
4,596
0
0
Richeypen said:
A threeway battle between Ryder, Wiggins and Nibali has the potential to be epic and produce some brilliant racing. What I want to see is riders on top of their game racing for the title. Its sad that certain people on here seem to want Wiggins out of the reckoning all together due to petty hate.

I personally cant stand Contador but I hope he shows up in great shape for the Tour
I dont like Wiggo at all, and I dont want him to crash or anything. I want him to be plainly and simply destroyd in the mountains without any possible excused due to crashes etc.

The incident today was, as far as I can tell, his and his team's own fault. Why was he at the back of the peloton in the first place? Why were his team mates in the front and not helping the captain?
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
I fear yesterday's vexatious slippery will only provoke Wiggins. He won't destroy everyone in TT, he will slaughter
 
May 8, 2013
93
0
0
airstream said:
I fear yesterday's vexatious slippery will only provoke Wiggins. He won't destroy everyone in TT, he will slaughter
This. If only he could also see the absurd comments on this forum too...:D
 
Jan 3, 2011
4,596
0
0
airstream said:
I fear yesterday's vexatious slippery will only provoke Wiggins. He won't destroy everyone in TT, he will slaughter
Of course he will. The question is whether or not Nibali and the others can take it back in the mountains.
 
Cimber said:
Agree, It was strange that Henao and Uran werent at Wiggo's side. Either a screw up or they just dont give a ****

I dont like Wiggo at all, and I dont want him to crash or anything. I want him to be plainly and simply destroyd in the mountains without any possible excused due to crashes etc.

The incident today was, as far as I can tell, his and his team's own fault. Why was he at the back of the peloton in the first place? Why were his team mates in the front and not helping the captain?
Here's the Team Sky's excu... err.. explanation, from their live chat @ http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,28850_8690783,00.html

"Wiggins was on his own because Sergio Henao and Rigoberto Uran had been given instructions to contest the finish in order to swallow up bonus seconds. That's why Uran was in the mix and finished fourth. The other guys had exhausted themselves keeping Wiggins up front on the climb."

Sky must be dissapointed Uran didn't take away bonus seconds from Battaglin, Felline and Visconti...
 
May 8, 2013
93
0
0
wwabbit said:
Here's the Team Sky's excu... err.. explanation, from their live chat @ http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,28850_8690783,00.html

"Wiggins was on his own because Sergio Henao and Rigoberto Uran had been given instructions to contest the finish in order to swallow up bonus seconds. That's why Uran was in the mix and finished fourth. The other guys had exhausted themselves keeping Wiggins up front on the climb."

Sky must be dissapointed Uran didn't take away bonus seconds from Battaglin, Felline and Visconti...
Well, technically...mission accomplished? Ryder and Cadel were more than in the mix
 
wwabbit said:
Here's the Team Sky's excu... err.. explanation, from their live chat @ http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,28850_8690783,00.html

"Wiggins was on his own because Sergio Henao and Rigoberto Uran had been given instructions to contest the finish in order to swallow up bonus seconds. That's why Uran was in the mix and finished fourth. The other guys had exhausted themselves keeping Wiggins up front on the climb."
How does this make sense with 3Km to go? :confused: The more I read these clowns the more I think Sir Wiggo will DNF.
 
Sky Formula- Marginal Gains Stupid Losses

cineteq said:
How does this make sense with 3Km to go? :confused: The more I read these clowns the more I think Sir Wiggo will DNF.
Utter stupidity to think Uran and Henao will win a sprint from a significant field. So far they haven't and will not in the future. Looks to be more of an excuse. Haven't seen Wiggins looking so pathetic at the finish since the last two years. He is the sole leader. They should be protecting him at all times and at all cost. With this so called greediness, they have lost all the hard work that they put in so far.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY