• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne [Cancelled due to snow]

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring on the race.
They aren't riding for free, and I know lots of people who'd do it just for fun and joy.
No one is forced to risk, just like on GT descents... Who wants to compete will compete regardless of conditions.

It just wasn't safe to ride, look at this, La Houpe a few hours a go:

736347062.jpg

serfla said:
Bring on the race.
They aren't riding for free, and I know lots of people who'd do it just for fun and joy.
No one is forced to risk, just like on GT descents... Who wants to compete will compete regardless of conditions.

You'd almost think that there are other people involved in bike races than the riders...

serfla said:
Bring on the race.

It's not the cold or wind. Its the snow. I dont race a bike myself,but its not hard tounderstand that ultra thin wheels and snow = nonstop crashes

I'm disappointed that it's been cancelled. Of course I am.
But I'm also glad! I know how tough those guys are, and how much any organisers loathes having to cancel a race. So if a race is indeed cancelled I know it's because there was no way it would've been safe to race!

Besides, I dunno about you guys, but I know I just wouldn't enjoy the race if I was worried for the safety...

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Cancelling was the right call to make as much as i wanted to see them race today i'd rather they didn't take the extra added risk of such badly conditioned roads and have the chance to race another day rather than something terrible or even fatal to happen.

TRENDING THREADS