• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Paris Nice

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
maltiv said:
Interestingly EBH is on the start-list for Sky, even though Sky originally said their entire classic's squad would be going to a training camp in Tenerife instead of P-N or T-A. Weird.

Perhaps Edvald doesn't want to go to Tenerife this year either.

Could also just be the Sky website mixing up Boswell (who originally was scheduled to start) and Boasson...

Boswell is now listed on the Sky site as riding Paris-Nice. EBH heads to Tenerife...

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Agreed I think Roche would still have been team leader if Roman had been there. His performances so far this year have been promising albeit the races havent been that high in star quality. He was still in with a shout of winning both races going into the last stage. Hopefully he can get it right this year and pick up a few stages and go well in the classics also!

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
hayzer114 said:
Agreed I think Roche would still have been team leader if Roman had been there. His performances so far this year have been promising albeit the races havent been that high in star quality. He was still in with a shout of winning both races going into the last stage. Hopefully he can get it right this year and pick up a few stages and go well in the classics also!

Yes, but Kreuziger > Roche, only he was ill.

Hi everyone!

I´m new here!
I´m a basque boy,follower of cyclism, and I want see what people think about cycling out of here.
I think that two of favourites are in the movistar team, Quintana and Rui Costa.( we will see what freedom has Nairo..)
I hope this is the edition of Surprises!(Ulissi,Locke,Hivert,Talansky..)

pablocastellanosarejola said:
I´m new here!
I´m a basque boy,follower of cyclism, and I want see what people think about cycling out of here.
I think that two of favourites are in the movistar team, Quintana and Rui Costa.( we will see what freedom has Nairo..)
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I also think that the Movistar duo will fare well, and even though it is Costa with number 1 on his back, I expect Quintana to have a free role/co-captain. I hope we will see some action on stage 4.

I´m new here!

If Quintana and Talansky pulled a L'Avenir that would be be perfectly fine with me.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I also think that the Movistar duo will fare well, and even though it is Costa with number 1 on his back, I expect Quintana to have a free role/co-captain. I hope we will see some action on stage 4.

the only reason costa has got number 1 on his back is because of alphabetical order. when do people f'n learn...

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Kreuziger is doing TA instead of PN. Roche will be more or less on his own when it goes uphill then.

Also the reason Kreuziger is doing TA instead of PN seems to be that Majka seems to have problems with his knee once again. Bad news for him regarding the Giro if that is true.

I´m new here!

Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of company here in your admiration of Quintana. Both he and Costa have bright futures and I too am looking forward to seeing Quintana ride for himself in the major events. It appears that he will have that opportunity in this year's Paris Nice. He appears to be coming into the race in good form and should be one of the strongest climbers and I hear he is pretty good in uphill tt's so that should set him up for a successful week of racing provided he can avoid any setbacks as a result of getting caught out in any echelons.

Angliru said:
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of company here in your admiration of Quintana. Both he and Costa have bright futures and I too am looking forward to seeing Quintana ride for himself in the major events. It appears that he will have that opportunity in this year's Paris Nice. He appears to be coming into the race in good form and should be one of the strongest climbers and I hear he is pretty good in uphill tt's so that should set him up for a successful week of racing provided he can avoid any setbacks as a result of getting caught out in any echelons.

Thanks for the welcome!
you're right, quintana in the last stage of the Tour de l'Avenir won easily the time chrono-climbing. (I do not know how to say it in English)

. Nairo Quintana Rojas (COL) 33:35
2. Andrew Talansky (USA) a 47
3. Jarlinson Pantano Gómez (COL) a 1:17
4. Tom Jelte Slagter (HOL) a 1:45
5. Gregory Brenes (CAN) a 1:53
6. Michael Matthews (AUS) a 1:55
7. Wilco Kelderman (HOL) a 2:07
8. Jesus Herrada López (ESP) a 2:15
9. Dmitriy Ignatyev (RUS) a 2:20
10. Vicente García de Mateos (ESP) a 2:20
1. Nairo Quintana (COL) 26h.49:21
2. Andrew Talansky (USA) a 1:44