• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Santos Tour Down Under Stage 6: Adelaide Street Circuit, 90km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
It seems the time splits have been corrected. Now Kelderman is suddenly 6th. Machado did lose time.

Yes, it's showing Kelderman and Veikkanen as finishing in the +4 seconds group as opposed to +7 seconds.

It's still showing Hermans and Machado as both having lost 9 seconds. That's 50 world tour points gone up in smoke :eek:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
There were lots of splits in the field there.

It seems like Radioshack have gone from having a 3rd and 6th place going into the last stage to finishing with a 5th and a 9th place.

What a fail if that's the case.

Oh Radioshack :rolleyes:, I like the team, but when are they going to get it together? Time for Spartacus to save them.

On the bright side at least they weren't the only guys high up in the GC to lose time.

auscyclefan94 said:
Good win by Greipel but the move by Renshaw was also rather crafty. He came early and looked like he had it at one stage.

Plus he was left without a wheel a couple times in the final couple km's. No way he would have beaten Greipel, but an impressive performance all the same.

auscyclefan94 said:
Andy Schleck abandoned the stage midway through, rode back to his hotel for a massage, not bothering to go with the rest of his team to accept the prize for winning the Team Classification. Not a good team player if you ask me.

Apparently he had a mechanical problem and because of that wasn't able to rejoin the peloton. It sounds like he was angry about that. Doesn't excuse another abandon of course, but it's understandable considering the circumstance.

auscyclefan94 said:
Andy Schleck abandoned the stage midway through, rode back to his hotel for a massage, not bothering to go with the rest of his team to accept the prize for winning the Team Classification. Not a good team player if you ask me.

What a dog. Just when you are prepared to cut him some slack he pulls a stunt like that.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
I wonder how much money he got to appear on the start line. What a d.bag.
I doubt they would have given Andy much to race. He isn't a real big star
JRanton said:
What an absolute joke this guy is.
Agreed, it was rather pathetic imo.
Afrank said:
Apparently he had a mechanical problem and because of that wasn't able to rejoin the peloton. It sounds like he was angry about that. Doesn't excuse another abandon of course, but it's understandable considering the circumstance.

Yeah, I know he had a mechanical but to just pull out, go back to the hotel and not collect the team classifcation prize with his team was rather poor imo.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yeah, I know he had a mechanical but to just pull out, go back to the hotel and not collect the team classifcation prize with his team was rather poor imo.

Yes, I agree with that. I would have preferred him to at least go to the podium with his team.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Lol, have you ever been to a race with Andy Schleck in it? Teenage and middle aged girls go wild everywhere he goes.

I am sorry, but I don't believe you! :p:eek:

I guess Andy could use the fangirls as a reason why he has lost so many races. :D

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Given the speed the peloton was riding the course he was no chance of making it back on, and in fact, given his TT prowess and the stage in the season (his fitness), he was likely to get pulled for fear of getting lapped. In which case he's a DNF and thus he's not allowed to go to the podium to collect the team prize as it is only for race finishers

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
PCutter said:
Given the speed the peloton was riding the course he was no chance of making it back on, and in fact, given his TT prowess and the stage in the season (his fitness), he was likely to get pulled for fear of getting lapped. In which case he's a DNF and thus he's not allowed to go to the podium to collect the team prize as it is only for race finishers

Exactly, he wasn't even allowed on to the stage in this case since he's a DNF, right? But there's still room for some Andy-hate...

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
i'll be following Slagter this year
we'll see if form in this race leads to good results in the Euro season

also, thanks to Andre Greipel to coming down under with good form every year and giving credibility to our race

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
it was a tight crit race, he is still not comfortable in the peloton. Sure its never good when a big rider leaves, but I wouldn't read anything into it.

There was an interview done with Andy Schleck at the TDU and he appeared to have his doubts about whether his injury would allow him to return to his previous level (or at least it could take six months or more). He did sound like he lacked a lot of confidence. I'm not a fan nor do I dislike him but this was a very insightful interview.

biker jk said:
There was an interview done with Andy Schleck at the TDU and he appeared to have his doubts about whether his injury would allow him to return to his previous level (or at least it could take six months or more). He did sound like he lacked a lot of confidence. I'm not a fan nor do I dislike him but this was a very insightful interview.

thanks for that.
Still I think its too early for panic.

TRENDING THREADS