• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
@Miburo: after seeing Nibbles struggling during last stages of Oman, I'm less confident he can be up there with Berto in the TT :(

I don't know where you got the idea that he could do that in a TT against Contador :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
Maybe because we've been watching what Lo Squalo did the last couple of years? Maybe because Contador is not the same guy he once was? :rolleyes:

Where have you been?

Oh yeah I remember the giro 2011. Or is that too long ago? ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
I like his attitude. He always has big targets and is not shy of speaking them out. Only those who aim for greatness can achieve greatness:)

But thinking you can win against Contador/Froome and Evans on a stage race which isn't suited for him is ridiculous.

You've to be realistic, then again i want Contador to aim again for giro/tour and I think he can do it so yea i shouldn't say much :eek:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Contadoraus Schlecks said:
Good chance of doing so. He should destroy the TT and can hang in the mountains when he puts his mind to it

Martin never has shown he can do that against the top guys, besides the little hills in the tirreno don't suit him at all.

And he'll get at best 15 seconds in the ITT.

Edit: But ok so Martin is in it. Tirreno keeps getting bigger.

Andy 'was' going ride it, right? :D

Afrank said:
I'll cheer for Martin if he manages to do well. But I just can't see him beating Froome, Contador, Purito, Evans, and Nibali on these parcours.
It is nice to see he has some ambition to try out a different race and go for the win in it though.
my thought too. we can only admire his ambition if he matches his words with an honest try

SafeBet said:
True, but he was coming from an excellent first part of the season.
He's looking closer to what we've seen in Lombardia, Piemonte and WC at the moment. He really needs to step up if he wants to have a chance in spring races.

Nibbs main goal is Il Giro- he'll peak & be ready for it-NOT BEFORE- perhaps he may try something in L-B-L- if the opportunity appears, but that's it.

TRENDING THREADS