• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Carols said:
Andy finishing and not getting dropped to badly should be all that is expected of him.

However what are the Team aspirations here???? Stages vs. GC I guess. Because if they tow Andy in the TTT all GC chance might be gone for Horner. If they drop Andy could he be outside the time limit and they are 1 man down?

Guess they are just looking to get a stage or so by someone (not Andy) and get some form for riders?

Shack will go for GC with Horner. If Schleck can't handle the TTT, too bad for him.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Andy finishing and not getting dropped to badly should be all that is expected of him.

However what are the Team aspirations here???? Stages vs. GC I guess. Because if they tow Andy in the TTT all GC chance might be gone for Horner. If they drop Andy could he be outside the time limit and they are 1 man down?

Guess they are just looking to get a stage or so by someone (not Andy) and get some form for riders?

Hopefully they go for the win in the TTT and thus for GC with Horner. Waiting for Andy will just hurt their chances and won't benefit them much. Besides, Andy could use some solo practice on the TT bike.

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
Contador in the middle, like it should be :cool:
picture.php

The Trident between Nibali and Contador.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
froomey, making purito look like a body builder

also to me alberto seems skinnier than in oman. he got the message
what a battle this one will be.

sad that killer didn't manage to sign yet, but i have juanjo here, all good.

nibali is a lot thinner than froome

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Popchu said:
Had a discussion today with someone, who will be the best in GC: Kwiatkowski or Huzarski? Is this Tirreno too hard for Kwiatkowski or not?

No Tony Martin will target GC and go FTW :cool:

:eek::eek::eek:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to overdo it but isn't this the best field in names in a 1 week stage race in the last 10 years orso?

Sagan, cavendish, greipel, contador, froome, nibali, purito, evans, cancellara, sami, A.Schleck (still a big name), cunego...

I'm prob missing out some guys.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
"We've got Chris (Horner) for the overall, while l'll see what I can do day by day," Cancellara said.

Good for Chris. With this field, even a top 10 will be a career highlight. Best of luck for a guy from the outside of this side of Alantic.

You deserve every bit of it.

All glory is fleeting.

I've followed cycling since 1999 (Armstrong hype in Australia as I hit an age to stay up and watch the tour) and have been a fanatic since 2007 and I think it is the best since then.

Miburo said:
I don't want to overdo it but isn't this the best field in names in a 1 week stage race in the last 10 years orso?

Sagan, cavendish, greipel, contador, froome, nibali, purito, evans, cancellara, sami, A.Schleck (still a big name), cunego...

I'm prob missing out some guys.

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
bavarianrider said:
exactly.
I am sure tony can ride up prato di tivo fast.
After all it's the only mountain of the day. Tony can simply make it a mtt. The climb isn't steep. Too. More of a rolleurs type of mountain.
Tony has very serious chances for a top 5 gc finish. If everything works fine, maybe more.

lollollol.

TRENDING THREADS