• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France Stage 1: Porto Vecchio -> Bastia, 213km (29/06/13)

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Stage 1?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The big question, which I think we all want to know, is which greenedge bus was it? :eek:

GreenEDGE has two buses. The riders refer to one as the “good bus” and the other one is apparently not as desirable. The first bus is new (as of last year) and the second bus came from Rabobank.
:D

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
spalco said:
Yes. I agree. Tough call, but it would have been the right one.
I think, instead of the 3 km finish, I would have put it at the flamme rouge. That would have given time for the peloton to slow down in case the bus wasn't out of the finish line. And it wouldn't have changed so much things in case it was changed at the very last time like what happened.

Also the 3 km finish was just UNDOABLE. It was way too dangerous. The flamme rouge was in the straight line.

May 14, 2013
Visit site
No. They should have neutralised the whole thing and let the intermediate sprinters take the green jersey. Any and every change after the 10k mark would have been equally dangerous.

Linkinito said:
I think, instead of the 3 km finish, I would have put it at the flamme rouge. That would have given time for the peloton to slow down in case the bus wasn't out of the finish line. And it wouldn't have changed so much things in case it was changed at the very last time like what happened.

Also the 3 km finish was just UNDOABLE. It was way too dangerous. The flamme rouge was in the straight line.

It had to be 3k or nothing since they have additional timing equipment only at 3k.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The road at 3km to go was insane for a finish line, but someone here already mentioned that they must have timing technology built into the 3km to go arch to help with the crash in the last 3km rule. They were going to use the tech there to judge the finish.

CraZyCaLL said:
take a look at the bus driver
PreviewFile.jpg.ashx

Hardly surprising if he's driving like that:)

Mollema says he is ok, he said he had way too much speed and already knew he couldn't brake in time so he tried to go past them and ran into a lampre rider. He says he only has a few minor wounds but doesn't feel really hurt. His bike is ruined though :D

I think I understand why Giant wants to leave... Belkin/Blanco/Rabo keep breaking their bikes :eek:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Mollema says he is ok, he said he had way too much speed and already knew he couldn't brake in time so he tried to go past them and ran into a lampre rider. He says he only has a few minor wounds but doesn't feel really hurt. His bike is ruined though :D

I think I understand why Giant wants to leave... Belkin/Blanco/Rabo keep breaking their bikes :eek:
Yeah, breaking bikes, that never happens at other teams :eek:

Look at today's winner, then you'll understand why Giant wants to leave.

NOS interviewed the one who's responsible for the finish zone. According to him every bus driver has to ask permission to drive through the finish. The bow at the finish is adjustable and they can adjust it if a bus drives there. He was already late and got permission to drive on the roads, but he didn't ask for permission at the finish line.

TRENDING THREADS