• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 15: Givors - Mont Ventoux 242.5 Km

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2013
Visit site
PROFIL.png

After AX3 and the ITT, this is the deserved place of the thread of the next moutain finish stage of the 'race of the truth'.

Froome to go mad and put 5 minutes in the second place. :rolleyes:

No, as i said yesterday the safest bet is that Froome will be held at bay. He could even lose some seconds and acting afterwards that he felt the effects from earlier. Everyone will point out he is clean and everything is cool then.

I think it is Portes time to shine.

Edit: But one have to feel poor Froome here. I mean, one day he woke up with superpowers and arent allowed to show it, full genius style.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The GC contenders NEED to put some time into Froome on the Ventoux. If they soft pedal or he takes time it's over. Yes the third week is hard. But if Froome and Sky get a controlled ride over Ventoux. It sets them up going into week 3 somewhat fresh. If you can say that in a GT? And IMHO Porte, Froome & Sky need to get a good punch in the mouth. By doing so the other contenders have hope going forward. My .02$

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
There is no question that the sensible thing would be to just sit behind Valverde/Contador, and let the race unfold by itself.

However Froome dosen't seem very sensible or concerned about making a new "EPO time".

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
The Dawg is going to get busted at some point anyway, might as well have a bit of fun before then and do something that makes Ax-3-Domaines look ordinary. It's what I would do if I were in his shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.