• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 2: Bastia - Ajaccio 156Km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hayabusa said:
Got to love how Contador is praised for attacking in all situations and when Froome does he is labelled as stupid :D
I think Contador was also criticized few times. Also, I don't think there's anyone disliking Froome for attacking now, but realistically - it was a bit pointless.
I like it though. I like todays stage.

Old&slow said:
I really dislike Voekler. There is no more obnoxious and rude rider in the peleton. There is no rider that tries as hard in pointless attacks just to get his face on TV. I would subscribe to a channel in a heartbeat that refuses to put Voeklers face on TV.

That's Cyril Gautier there at the front though.

And if you mean in general, Voeckler has a pretty damn good success rate to his attacks or breakaways.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Excatly lol.

People would go mad if Conta did this right now :rolleyes: :cool:

If Contador will do this I will say the same. Why? Because this is the 2nd stage, and there is no chance to reach the finish with time difference. There is no logical reason the attack here. If this would be the 20th stage, then I will say ok, but now?

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Old&slow said:
I really dislike Voekler. There is no more obnoxious and rude rider in the peleton. There is no rider that tries as hard in pointless attacks just to get his face on TV. I would subscribe to a channel in a heartbeat that refuses to put Voeklers face on TV.

First, that was Gautier. Second, to put his face on TV, he has to attack. Attacking is always good.

Also, it's Froome's wife birthday. That was probably a gift.