• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de l'Ain: 9th-13th August (2.1)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
My point is that these formidable duos you mention aren't that formidable. It will depend on individual strength.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken Luis Leon did very well on the Colombier in the Tour last year.

I got that, and that's why I said you don't have to be that formidable to drop the Belkin duo ;)

Bardet/Gadret is better climbers than LL Sanchez, no doubt about that.
LL Sanchez though is more experienced, hence knows how to adjust his energy consumption
Slagter is an unknown (I think he's more than capable to keep his lead)

At least the Ag2r duo should be able to surpass Lulu, if they decide to race as a team and attack in turn instead of racing like Team Gadret & co.

I'm wondering when John Gadret finds himself a race where his "above average" climbing skills will give him a victory. He sure knows how to pick a race where the strongest climber won't win anyway..............

Is Gadret once again doing his own thing and not protecting a team mate??

"John Gadret vient de s'extraire du groupe de poursuivants"..... is he trying to break away from Lulu and Reichenbach? He should just save powers and let the two work to get Bardet back.

TRENDING THREADS