• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de Suisse, Stage 7: Meilen - La Punt 206 Km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Better Call Saul said:
Interesting how TJVG is emerging as the forums most hated rider. I find myself rooting for a schleck jr return to form, so it's nice to have a new villain! Seems to fit the mould, early success and then turns out to be abit of a ****

I don't get it. The kid is chock full of talent and is very young. I don't understand the dislike for the guy on these forums.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
David Millar ‏@millarmind 1h
I blew up three times in the first hour trying to make the break. It didn't leave me in the best of shape for the next four hours racing.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
BigMac said:
Lets face it, people don't like him because he is from 'murica :D

But now serious, it's not like people hate him, *quotes Parrulo*

I like the guy. Saw an interview with him on TV here last year. Seemed like a genuine and nice chap, even did the interview in Dutch for the biggest part.

That being said, Tejay is an incredibly stupid name.

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Cookster15 said:
Agreed. Just logged on and was surprised to see Myer's name near the top on such a stage. Hopefully Cameron is finally showing his true climbing ability since moving to the road. This must be good for his confidence.

Was also happy to see Cam Meyer climbing well. He gets written off here as if he were touted as the next big thing and all he's done is fail, but he's quietly been achieving some decent results in one week races.

I don't think he's going to set the world on fire, but could be a solid one week top 10 gc man. Still young.

Better Call Saul said:
Interesting how TJVG is emerging as the forums most hated rider. I find myself rooting for a schleck jr return to form, so it's nice to have a new villain! Seems to fit the mould, early success and then turns out to be abit of a ****

Moviefan1203 said:
I don't get it. The kid is chock full of talent and is very young. I don't understand the dislike for the guy on these forums.

I don't see any real hate but I think some people slightly dislike him or think he's overrated because of his riding style.

He climbs well but he's not terribly explosive and very rarely actually wins on a climb(at least at this point). He hangs with the most of the top climbers and hopes to better his placing in TTs where he is usually stronger than most. In other words, he kind of follows the current Anglo stage race model. I can think of a few other riders who fit this mold who forumites love to disparage.

If he actually starts to pick up big wins this way, you can be sure the real hate will begin.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Better Call Saul said:

Please show me the posts hating him.

Personally, I really like Tejay. One of my favorite American riders. And I see plenty of potential in him to do well in many future GT's and stage races. On the subject of Van Garderen, was good to see him climbing so well today. Especially after his sub-par showing on Crans-Montana earlier in the week.

Glocknerkoenig said:
I also love seeing matthias frank in the lead.

Who doesn't love when a faithful domestique gets a chance to ride for himself and really does well :)

A proper yellow jersey defense:

262-PIC375874520.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
webvan said:
Did BMC think Frank was going to tank big time to let TVG join the lead? Presumably be could have helped the YJ do even better in the end...

Had Van Garderen mark the others just in case Frank couldn't do it I think. And Frank managed a great defense and kept yellow and Tejay moved up to 6th, everyone wins in this case I think.

TRENDING THREADS