• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of California: Stage 5: Santa Barbara-Avila Beach (185 km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Hell yeah!

967144_662938203722937_917104403_o.jpg

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Whilst its always nice for the underdog story/domestic rider to see them up the front of the GC, that was a great display by the WT teams to put it in the gutter and show the domestic teams how its done in the big league.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Great win for Jens! Leave it to him to spoil the sprinters party. :D

Good to see Tejay in yellow also, now all he has to do is crush the TT and he'll finally have won his first stage race.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
PCutter said:
Whilst its always nice for the underdog story/domestic rider to see them up the front of the GC, that was a great display by the WT teams to put it in the gutter and show the domestic teams how its done in the big league.

I have to agree. Not sure why some of the teams left behind couldnt organize a better chase. I have to say, bmc, cannondale were blocking and messing around with the chasing group pretty well. Still, UHC, NetApp, Paco and Optum should get their crap together. And Quickstep and the Bontrager kids should work for the pack instead of attacking and trying to bridge.

Well-deserved for Jens. Big big respect to old guy. That´s the way aha aha I like it

I am quite worried about Sagan´s form and also his sprint speed. No chance for Jens two month ago, Sagan would have controlled the group even without the team. Two stages lost in last 5 km. We can call it fail. Cannondale team is a joke here. They deserve this "domestic" shame.

Good luck today Peter.

Sagan just had a break, this is the start of a new cycle leading into July.

But yeh the team is pretty bad, would help if he had Moser at the Tour. I think he might get a bit angry if they don't sign a couple of handy rouleurs for next year, Oss was a big loss.

TRENDING THREADS