• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Romandie, Stage 3: Payerne - Payerne 181 Km

profile-03.png

Seems pretty hilly, maybe we will get some fireworks like today

One thing is for sure, Rolland will have a go :cool:

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Roderick said:
This profile has "Meersman" written all over it

If fear it, yes...

:mad:

Nothing against Meersman, but I really hate the stages he wins, to be honest.

Romandie used to be a great race for breakaways, now it more and more becomes a race for 40 man field sprints with winners like Meersman, or even Wiggins.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
If fear it, yes...

:mad:

Nothing against Meersman, but I really hate the stages he wins, to be honest.

Romandie used to be a great race for breakaways, now it more and more becomes a race for 40 man field sprints with winners like Meersman, or even Wiggins.

I don't see anything changing either on this stage. Today we seen a bit of action with Kiserlovski ,Pinot and Rujano but I never had any confidence that they could gain enough of time on a climb like that to stay away. I'm sure someone will give it a go here but again it has all the hallmarks of a stage where it will come together on the run in.

I prefer the racing in Turkey at the moment.

gooner said:
I don't see anything changing either on this stage. Today we seen a bit of action with Kiserlovski ,Pinot and Rujano but I never had any confidence that they could gain enough of time on a climb like that to stay away. I'm sure someone will give it a go here but again it has all the hallmarks of a stage where it will come together on the run in.

the no radios also helps turkey as their always confused about whos still away when they catch some of the break.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:

Yeah, Turkey is almost better, agree.

Only point which makes Romandie attraktive to watch is, that it´s just Romandie, with those Swiss quality roads within a stunningly great landscpae.

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Abandon Wout Poels (Vacansoleil-DCM).
Break 3:11

Km 74,6: GPM 2ª cat. Villars-Bramard : 1º Burghardt , 8pts. 2º Bérard, 6. 3º Bilbao, 4. 4º Kruijswijk, 2. 5º Brändle, 1.

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Km. 93 Villars-le-Comte (2ª): 1 Burghardt , 8pts. 2 Bérard, 6. 3 Bilbao, 4. 4 Kruijswijk, 2. 5 Brändle, 1.

Km114
Astana is working whit Sky to reduce the gap of 3:02

TRENDING THREADS