2013 Tour of Romandie, Stage 3: Payerne - Payerne 181 Km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
1. Meersman
2. Gavazzi
3. Albasini
4. Mezgec
5. Lobato del valle
6. Wys
7. Nocentini
8. Ferrari
9. Van Rensburg
10. Cabre Florencio

Jul 7, 2012
once again the winner of a sprint drifts across the road to block a rival. Its about time the authorities started looking at this, happens every close sprint. Need some stewards enquiries like in horse racing!

May 9, 2012
Meh. Didn't hold his line. But I guess he's partly excused by the organizers putting a semi-turn in the last metres.

Aug 18, 2009
Albasini is showing signs of life but I'd like to know what his race schedule is this year.

willbick said:
once again the winner of a sprint drifts across the road to block a rival. Its about time the authorities started looking at this, happens every close sprint. Need some stewards enquiries like in horse racing!
meh, the sprint was fine, this is road racing. We don't need track type conditions, where every single little thing is investigated.

Mar 17, 2012
What happened to Romandie? Once, riders like Contador won stages here, and a Botero secured the overall. Nowadays, Meersman wins stages, and Froome the GC.

Well, you can´t blame the race itself, it´s just the way it is.

Hope for a great stage tomorrow, but with an easier profile, it will suit Meersman again.

And on Sunday, this dog-like looking Sky rider will take coup double, TT and GC.

:(

Mar 17, 2012
Lupetto said:
Der Panzerwagen will put at least 30 seconds into Froome.
Ah, I forgot Tony is here.

So Sunday

Martin
Froome
Talansky

and overall
Froome
Talansky
Martin.

Hopefully. I fear Porte wants to stand on the GC podium, too...

Mar 21, 2013
Machado is saying on his facebook these past days that he doesn't have good feelings and has been difficult to follow the pace in the stages.

Enjoy working for Kiserlovsky in Giro... :rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Too bad Nizzolo was out, I was hoping for a stage win from him. I am excited to see what he can do in the Giro

If the mountain stage is cancelled the overall will be very tight, looking at previous results between Martin and Froome (2011 Vuelta, 2013 T-A). Not sure if Talansky/Porte could sneak the GC though.

Lets hope mountain stage tomorrow though.

Mar 9, 2013
RHRH19861986 said:
What happened to Romandie? Once, riders like Contador won stages here, and a Botero secured the overall. Nowadays, Meersman wins stages, and Froome the GC.

Well, you can´t blame the race itself, it´s just the way it is.

Hope for a great stage tomorrow, but with an easier profile, it will suit Meersman again.

And on Sunday, this dog-like looking Sky rider will take coup double, TT and GC.

:(
Yh and Froome is kicking Contador's you no what lol, so what is your point?

Jun 12, 2010
Parrulo said:
They better find a solution otherwise this will turn into another very bad edition of romandie just like last year :eek:
The best solution is a snowplough and some salt in the morning.

willbick said:
Meersman didn't drift, the road made a slight bend.

Jul 13, 2012
A poor Romandie for last two years,snoozefests,this year's Tirreno has set the standard on week long stage races although i enjoyed Oman and Paris-Nice was pretty good too.Does throwing in a classics type stage make a race or am i only saying that because it prevents some teams setting an infernal pace on the front of the peloton.;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS