• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Romandie, Stage 3: Payerne - Payerne 181 Km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The last great moment in Romandie was when Vino won a stage in '11.

EDIT:
rom11st3-VINO-WINS.jpg

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I think he wants to say that the race is a bit disappointing this year.

Exactly.

Meersman and Froome are just footnotes of cycling´s history.

Romandie, however, has already been a place where riders who won´t ever be forgotten, shone brightly, e.g. Contador or Botero.

That´s what I wanted to say. ;)

Telmisartan new said:
Its Cav's preferred tune up for the Giro,i am not sure the stage profiles have suited him or that he'll be competitive early in the Giro,takes him a while to get into the groove usually.

Yeah he did the same last year although he got 3rd in the short prologue. Could have done well on the first stage this year if it hadnt been for the mechanical. I'd like to see him do something random tomorrow like go in the break but i doubt that will happen:D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Duartista said:
Organisers decided to keep tomorrow's stage as it is. Apparently there is little chance of snow before 6pm. Source

Great!It should be a carnage:D.I hope Rolland,Rujano,blancos and Betancur to attack;)
And how many kms will be Kiri at the front ,60 ?or more?:D

This edition of Romandie has really lacked drama. A bunch sprint can be great but these have been a bit... meh. The prologue was good though. Hopefully today's stage will wake it up. In some ways, a few of the riders from Turkey being at Romandie and vice versa would have improved both races.

argyllflyer said:
This edition of Romandie has really lacked drama. A bunch sprint can be great but these have been a bit... meh. The prologue was good though. Hopefully today's stage will wake it up. In some ways, a few of the riders from Turkey being at Romandie and vice versa would have improved both races.

Romandie has become a dull race over the past few years. Meersman is keeping Quickstep happy. Picked up some good wins this year.

argyllflyer said:

The route designer (Romandie) simply fails to understand just how strong teams are in the modern peloton.

Almost 100 riders came in with the front group on the two road stages. If more selection is desired, decrease the strength of teams or add more stuff to the stages (or do both).

Anyway the queen stage surely can't fail to deliver.

TRENDING THREADS