• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Volta ao Algarve (14th-17th February), 2.1

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
It doesn't seem to be a TT where too many riders bothered, given the huge gaps in the top-10 already. Uran is 10th, a minute down on no. 8...
I think Ryo means it is a good TT by Uran's standards. Which it is.

Bavarianrider said:
Why are there hardly any TTers that can climb on such montains like today?
Really, there are like 50 really good climbers in the sport.
But there are almost no Tters who can climb a little bit these days.

Froome, Wiggins, Contador, Evans, van Garderen(not top yet, butalmost).

Better and more complete riders than Tony, who is just a TT beast that on good days survives easy hill stages.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is what Tony Martin has to say about this race ^^

" I have to say this kind of race, with an uphill finish, a TT, and sprint stages in the beginning is perfect for me. It's the kind of race I like and I am always looking for."

Dazed and Confused said:
(still no details about the two TT's in the tour?)

Possible, but I think Martin will be brutal on power routes.

Does anybody know the details of the worlds TT?

Purely from the start and finish points and the distance, I would guess that there would be 2 climbs, over 800 meters of climbing and about 5 km of flat in the second Tour TT.

It seems to be a GC rider TT so a few people can beat Martin.

Bavarianrider said:
The second Tour Time Trial is a mountain time trial really. Only up and down.
Even on his best day Tony couldn't win that. He'll lose lots of time on the downhills.
It's a perfect ITT for Contador though.

I'm almost certain (as certain as you can be even though that Contador hasn't won an ITT in ages...) that Contador will win the ITT.

He will beat Froome. He will beat everyone.

:cool:

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
so who do you think will beat him?

There's several guys who certainly wouldn't be crushed for a 1 min+ in 35km. Wiggins, Froome, Contador, Cancellara, Phinney, Evans, hell even Tejay.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
It doesn't seem to be a TT where too many riders bothered, given the huge gaps in the top-10 already. Uran is 10th, a minute down on no. 8...

yeah whatever hater. just look at the names around them, says enough

will10 said:
There's several guys who certainly wouldn't be crushed for a 1 min+ in 35km. Wiggins, Froome, Contador, Cancellara, Phinney, Evans, hell even Tejay.

fair enough, not crushed agree. And I also agree with everybody that these can beat Martin in the 2nd TT in the tour, but what about longish power routes? Imo only Wiggo has a chance and only if he has the same form as last year. I think Cancellara will focus on other targets, Phinney just that little too "young" and everybody else are one step below in general. Anyway time will tell.

(note chance means no mishaps for anybody)

postmanhat said:
Just caught up with the highlights and a very decent showing from Josh Edmonson. 7th up the mountain yesterday and 16th overall.

Seems to be out of the blocks better than JTL. Is JTL still in training mode?

JTL on twitter. Looks like he was TOLD to be bottle carrier...sounded a bit miffed that he,s being held in the blocks.

I'm not so sure Tony is going to smoke everybody in the time trials this year. Cancellara, Wiggins, Phinney and Froome can perform at the same level, I think. In the Tour there'll probably be even more guys able to somewhat match him like AC, Evans and Tejay.

TRENDING THREADS