• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 11: Tarazona→Tarazona TT (38.8km)

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
patrick767 said:
I'm surprised Nibs was less than a minute slower than Tony Martin. Very strong TT.

Martin was poor so it's not a great benchmark. Nibali put 23 seconds in to Roche and 27 in to Valverde, finishing behind Pozzovivo.

It's really not very impressive. Not bad, but nothing to shout about if people thought his TT skill was a weapon which could make a serious contribution to him winning the race.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice win for Cance, his form is looking increasingly better for worlds. And glad to see Nibali back in red. Now I'm off for a cross ride.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
Realistically it will be between Nibali and Valverde. Basso still has a chance for third place.

Valverde should fade in the third week, it is hard to imagine Tour has no effects on his Vuelta

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Descender said:
Cancellara: "I didn't look at Martin's time. In a TT, you have to focus on yourself and the race".

So much for the "advantage of knowing the best time".

:(:(:(:(

he squashed my only hope about TM's perf today.

please tell me it was that stupid climb...

Rollthedice said:
Realistically it will be between Nibali and Valverde. Basso still has a chance for third place.

When was the last time Basso rode away from the top GC guys in a grand tour? His 2010 Giro win? He's got over 2 minutes to make up on Roche and Valverde to make the podium. All I've seen him do in recent years is struggle to stay in contact on the big climbs.