• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 15: Andorra → Peyragudes (224.9 Km)

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
VVVV_zpsdb6fa7c1.png

thank you frank.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
Pozzovivo and Roche for 5th/6th is about the only very close GC gap.

and the order would have been different if nibali hadn't decided to drag them up in the final 200 m.

stupid racing by the teams of top-3 GC

Orbit501 said:
Smart ride by Saxo today to protect Roche. Ok, he only gained 17 seconds but the key is that he didn't lose time, and so I think that was objective achieved.

I don't think it was intended as a defensive move (although if he turned out not to have great legs it would have functioned as one as a fallback). it was an attempt to gain back much of the time he lost yesterday. He presumably had the legs to climb with the leading five if he hadn't attacked, given that they barely took 40 seconds on him on the climb after his distance attack.

Zinoviev Letter said:
I don't think it was intended as a defensive move (although if he turned out not to have great legs it would have functioned as one as a fallback). it was an attempt to gain back much of the time he lost yesterday. He presumably had the legs to climb with the leading five if he hadn't attacked, given that they barely took 40 seconds on him on the climb after his distance attack.

Fair enough. Maybe me just being realistic on Roche's capabilities.

boring....seemed like papy wants to save energies for a big attack. probably pena cabarga, sierra road, hazallanas like climb, he loves that kind. nibali seems in control but a strong horner can beat him i think

seemed like they were going slowly but they actually went as fast as chicken and alberto in 2007 and the group of favourites in 2012...

http://climbing-records.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-vuelta-favourites-together-at-high.html

roll on tomorrow...

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
I'm surprised they didn't go slower.

Lots of looking around, long stage and hard day yesterday.

They had headwind in the final climb to Peyragudes, so it's very likely that Peyresourde was done on tailwind. It's all about the wind! :D

jens_attacks said:
boring....seemed like papy wants to save energies for a big attack. probably pena cabarga, sierra road, hazallanas like climb, he loves that kind. nibali seems in control but a strong horner can beat him i think

seemed like they were going slowly but they actually went as fast as chicken and alberto in 2007 and the group of favourites in 2012...

http://climbing-records.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-vuelta-favourites-together-at-high.html

roll on tomorrow...

Interesting. Like most I was hoping today would make a difference in the GC. It was the queen stage, after all. Maybe the top few riders are just that evenly matched.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
If you see the differences behind, Moreno at almost 3 minutes, Landa 4...

It was a hard race, the GC guys where all a little bit screwed out at the end.

Purito was fine, but Piti is going to finish 3rd i think. I expect a big fight between Nibbles and Chrissie on Pena Cabarga and Angliru. I still think Horner can drop Nibbles.

TRENDING THREADS