• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 16: Graus→Sallent de Gállego. Aramón Formigal (147 Km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Descender said:
Strongest = Barguil.
No, the clever.

Uran was in the breakaway, he was one of the most actives men there, Barguil came from the peloton later, Urán took half a minute to Barguil from -4 to -2, after countertacks other attacks as Garate and others... later, when he caucht Bargul, he was on the front always,with head win, sprinted the first, and just lose for one cm. That is to be VERY STRONG.

Ok Barguil show as a very strong rider for his age, but, he wanst the strongest today, Urán was, other way is that the fame is for the winner, and Barguil was clever.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Barguil wasnt in the first breakaway as Urán, so he was less tired and he attacked in the right moment.

Barguil was more tired than uran. Uran was doing the usual sky wheelsucking, while barguil was doing most of the work in the break.

Taxus4a said:
No, the clever.

Uran was in the breakaway, he was one of the most actives men there, Barguil came from the peloton later, Urán took half a minute to Barguil from -4 to -2, after countertacks other attacks as Garate and others... later, when he caucht Bargul, he was on the front always,with head win, sprinted the first, and just lose for one cm. That is to be VERY STRONG.

Ok Barguil show as a very strong rider for his age, but, he wanst the strongest today, Urán was, other way is that the fame is for the winner, and Barguil was clever.

Barguil was attacking for most of the last climb. Right from the turn from Bubal reservoir.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Awesome ride today by Horner! The guy is a legend.

I take it Uran is leaving Sky so he doesn't have to sell stage wins in the future?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
No, the clever.

Oh god, another the winner wasn't actually the strongest debate. This couldn't be a case of the guy you wanted to win didn't so you say he was actually stronger then the winner, would it?

Barguil went solo on the lower slopes (I forget when), rode solo for quite a bit. Managed to hang with Uran when he passed him. And just barely beat him on the line. Neither was that much stronger then the other, but Barguil coming out the winner gives him the edge IMO.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Descender said:
Question to the mods: is there such thing as an ignore list on this forum?

Not a mod but go to your user CP and in Settings & Options choose edit ignore list and add the person you want to block

What a Stage - It was thrilling & exciting to the very end. With the GC getting tighter- We can just hope for an amazing next week!!.

So Nibs had his usual bad day, Purito revived while Papi Horner & Valverde took advantage of the situation---- This vuelta just keeps getting better:)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
No, the clever.

Come on, Barguil was the one working the most from the 30kms point on, insisting, working, then going after Garate, than insisting again and finally going alone 9kms from the mark... He was hell strong.

Now was Uran stronger on the last 5kms, sure. Was Uran maybe stronger overall, very possible, but Uran can then only blame himself for losing. He should have gone with Barguil way earlier and who knows, maybe he would have dropped him.

Barguil played it superbly : the last km was flattish, if he could suck uran's wheel he had a chance in a sprint, way better than trying to go alone and getting caught 300 meters from the line all burnt out. Once he saw that Uran was coming back, he saved some juice, breathed, and withstood Uran's attack. Than it was all about making Uran understand "I already have won my stage mate, you just caught me, if you wan't to win you go for it, I aint helping you"...

wow, strong legs, big heart and big big cojones.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
thank you descender for that warning. I was about to respond to that.

is there any article where the details of km 15 to km 3 is written. anything i missed? I went through the CN ticker. I had to go for an unscheduled meeting.

I was saying WOW in barguil's first win. This is amazing ride by the youngster.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
veji11 said:
Barguil played it superbly : the last km was flattish, if he could suck uran's wheel he had a chance in a sprint, way better than trying to go alone and getting caught 300 meters from the line all burnt out. Once he saw that Uran was coming back, he saved some juice, breathed, and withstood Uran's attack.

Thats what i was thinking he was doing with that shoe lace thing/

Smart kid. he saw uran coming in fast, feigned tiredness, and then latched on to uran's wheel. uran tried to push the young kid forward. if Huzarski wasn't charging in, they would have been watching one another for a much longer time.