• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 18: Burgos-Peña Cabarga (186.5 km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
thank you icefire for the image.

I bet an attack on the penultimate climb by the good climbers who missed out on GC. Expecting a 4-5 rider charging from the front of the peloton, that would probably include either a certain french/irish rider and an invicible colombian. that break overtakes the current group, and splinters only a few hundred meters before that climb. and of course Roche beats valverde's time by 2:30 min.

nice dream, eh? :rolleyes:

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
well both movistar and katusha are forced to chase normally. even horner should put his team to chase. every (bonus) second counts

Why should horner and his men work now?

Unless horner is going to attack and win from 60 km, there is no point for RLT guys to work. Purito and valverde are the guys that need to make major time. RLT need to isolate nibali only in the final climb and attack him to get a few seconds today.

Bonus seconds counts, but we all know that the break is not going to win, unless vino gets out of the car and decides to race. Horner just needs to finish a few seconds before nibali, and he just needs to bring down the gap to under 15 sec today.

After racing TdF, I wonder when Valverde and Purito are going fail.
Horner, at his age, may be a bit slower to recover... I wonder when he's going to crack, if ever.
Well, Nibali seems to be the one in best condition, but has been the only one to show some weakness.
If Roche and Pozzo were a bit closer, they would be a factor at the end of the race...

Anyway, for today, one of the later should attack at the beginning of the last climb, and the 4 leaders to finish very close.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Movistar, Kathusa and NetApp are increasing the speed of peloton. At the beginning it was a break away of 9 minutes but now it is only 5 minutes long.

hrotha said:
No no no no.

You're missing the essence of the De Greef. Txurruka doesn't ride for that GC place.

That's what i find so incredible, with all that attacking, he still consistently manages around the exact same spot. You'd think one of these years he'd gain a ton of time in a break and move into the top 20, but it hasn't happened yet

aarnold517 said:
That's what i find so incredible, with all that attacking, he still consistently manages around the exact same spot. You'd think one of these years he'd gain a ton of time in a break and move into the top 20, but it hasn't happened yet
Yeah, it's remarkable, but in no way De Greefesque. I fear the legend has gone so mainstream people keep misapplying it, so this forum needs the hipsters who were at it before it was cool to keep things straight. :cool:

Netserk said:
32 seconds to:
Angel Vicioso
Chris Anker Sorensen
Egoi Martinez

Angel Vicioso (33) Androni Giocattoli-Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni bye, bye he want's to become a priest El “Padre” ÁNGEL VICIOSO, "si, habéis leído bien, lo que le ha llevado a rescindir su contrato con el Androni Giocattoli de Savio". We wish him well and gods blessing in his long journey to salvation. ***Venga va…. lo confesamos jeje Indudablemente es una inocentada, eso si, con el beneplácito de Ángel Vicioso.¡¡Gracias Ángel!

the legend posted that many moons ago...i always remember that when Vicioso is on the screen.