• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 » 50th Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey (2.HC)

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
burning said:
I wonder why Hardy didnt even take a pull, he finished very close to Tarramae, he could have saved the GC.

Well I guess they valued 2nd and 3rd in GC better than a win..

Or maybe Hardy just didn't have energy to help at all.

Top 10:

1 YATES Adam [www.procyclingstats.com] Orica GreenEDGE 30 4:11:46
2 FORMOLO Davide Cannondale 18 0:02
3 REBELLIN Davide CCC Polsat Polkowice 12 ,,
4 TAARAMäE Rein Cofidis, Solutions Crédits 7 0:07
5 DURASEK Kristijan [www.procyclingstats.com] Lampre-Merida 4 ,,
6 COBO ACEBO Juan Jose Torku Şekerspor 3 ,,
7 HARDY Romain Cofidis, Solutions Crédits 2 ,,
8 SANCHEZ Luis Leon Caja Rural - Seguros RGA 1 0:15
9 HANSEN Adam Lotto Belisol 0:17
10 MEJIAS LEAL Javier [www.procyclingstats.com] Team Novo Nordisk 0:26

Nice rides by Yates and Hansen. Brave defense by Taaramae, but not quite enough.

And young Formolo seems to have a good pair of cojones.

Okay, so Adam Yates made the Classic "stopping" before the line to celebrate, losing valuable time thing, but he did take the jersey, so I suppose it worked out in the end.

What about Romain Hardy's "Oh man! My captain is about to lose his GC. I'll just stay back here and... do nothing..."

:rolleyes:

GC:

1 (2) YATES Adam [www.procyclingstats.com] Orica GreenEDGE 24:46:57
2 (1) TAARAMäE Rein Cofidis, Solutions Crédits 0:01
3 (3) HARDY Romain Cofidis, Solutions Crédits 0:39
4 (9) FORMOLO Davide Cannondale 0:40
5 (13) REBELLIN Davide [www.procyclingstats.com] CCC Polsat Polkowice 0:44
6 (7) COBO ACEBO Juan Jose Torku Şekerspor 0:45
7 (11) DURASEK Kristijan Lampre-Merida ,,
8 (5) SANCHEZ Luis Leon Caja Rural - Seguros RGA 0:47
9 (6) HANSEN Adam Lotto Belisol 0:54
10 (8) BARBIN Enrico [www.procyclingstats.com] Bardiani - CSF 1:04

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
nice one by yates. also today not disappointing with juanjo or davide. they were suffering like dogs and locked a good result

I'm looking forward to the update on your blog to see how they did compared to Sayar. :D

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit disappointed with Kudus though. I didn't see the race, but I get it he wasn't anywhere to be seen from the comments?

I know he only likes long climbs, but from being real strong a few days ago on a long climb to not even being seen dropping on today's climb is a bit extreme......

Maaaaaaaarten said:
I'm a bit disappointed with Kudus though. I didn't see the race, but I get it he wasn't anywhere to be seen from the comments?

I know he only likes long climbs, but from being real strong a few days ago on a long climb to not even being seen dropping on today's climb is a bit extreme......

He crashed quite hard on stage 4.

Maaaaaaaarten said:

21 Merhawi KUDUS (MTN - Qhubeka) 00:01:03

Looks like a bad day. Gerdemann also poor today.

TRENDING THREADS