• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Cleanest Peloton Ever

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
neineinei said:
Still no Riccò, and while Nicklas Axelsson is on the list for his life ban from 2009, David Clinger and Phil Zajicek aren't there with theirs from 2011. Neither are Kirk O'Bee and Duane Dickey (life bans 2010).

Does anyone understand what the criteria are for the list? Must UCI have been involved in the sanctioning? There are no doubt more cyclists currently banned than there are names on the list (see for instance USADA's list of sanctions)
Kirk and Duane likely were sanctioned by USA cycling because I don't recall either being on the WT when sanctioned. The variations on when the UCI gets involved in cases are endless. The norm is supposed to be turning UCI anti-doping authority cases over to the national federation.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
not sure where to post this, but 9 years and 4 months.........

https://twitter.com/MedOfCycling/status/503606805784985600/photo/1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
New records being broken by new generation:rolleyes:

La Farrapona
2014:6,1 km@9,0%---17:43---average speed 20.66 km/h(Alberto Contador)
2011:6,1 km@9,0%---18:39---average speed 19.62 km/h(Juan Jose Cobo)
---19:17---average speed 18.98 km/h(Rein Taaramae)

Benotti69 said:
New records being broken by new generation:rolleyes:

La Farrapona
2014:6,1 km@9,0%---17:43---average speed 20.66 km/h(Alberto Contador)
2011:6,1 km@9,0%---18:39---average speed 19.62 km/h(Juan Jose Cobo)
---19:17---average speed 18.98 km/h(Rein Taaramae)

Contador is far from belonging to the new generation? I think you mean new era.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
Pretty ridiculous to see how easily Froome put lots of time on everybody, only to be easily dropped and gapped by Contador.

The gaps were huge today. Aerobic ability (caugh, caugh) really does make a difference when there are tough climbs before the last cimb.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Impressive that Dawg and Contador suddenly gain lots of power out of nowhere. Or maybe they had it all along and were holding back.

Im sure the bots must be itching to call Contador a doper now.

hrotha said:
Pretty ridiculous to see how easily Froome put lots of time on everybody, only to be easily dropped and gapped by Contador.

The alien is back!

My favorite was the last sit-n-spin attack that fell apart. Then Contador just rides right by him. I have to give some props to Froomie for riding that aggressively.

6.4 W/Kg, if it's close to right, in practically the third week of a grand tour. Seems legit.

You have to wonder why the doping green light during the Vuelta?

Outside the winner of the TdF, the TdF looked pretty natural. I guess that would have been ridiculous with Froome and Contador making it into Paris.

The 2014 Giro was clean-ish too.

Walkman said:
Wow!

I'd say they should switch over to target testing.

Test the big names more often and already sanctioned rider such as piti and Contador should be tested day and night during and shortly before GT's.

Then the UCI ignores their positives. That's how the system works.

The UCI has the authority to open, or not, cases. There's no requirement they have to open a case on a positive, or even report statistics on bio-passport results.

Walkman said:
Why spend time and money on testing guys that are fighting to make the time cut? Even if they are doped, clean athletes will still have a much better chance at beating them. Better to go after the heavy users to minimize doping imho.

Edit: Didn't see the...
The periods were there just to fulfill the silly character quota. My point was more like, really, you don't know targeted testing is standard procedure?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
BigMac said:
Contador is far from belonging to the new generation? I think you mean new era.
the sales numbers of 'generation' are slightly better than those of 'era'.

Jonathan Davis ‏@canadiancat 9 Jul 2012
@Vaughters I joined cycling fandom quite late, but it feels like a new generation is coming through: lean, CLEAN and mean (in a good way)

Jonathan VaughtersVerified account ‏@Vaughters
@canadiancat yup.

The 25-year-old [Talansky], who Garmin revealed had joined Irishman Dan Martin in signing a new contract, rode his first Tour last year and is seen as part of a new generation of American riders who can change the sport's image in their homeland in the post-Lance Armstrong era.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...S-WANTS-TO-FIX-MILLAR-RIFT.html#ixzz3CkMACoVM

"I am very proud to have worked with the new generation of clean superstars.”

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...al-Service-team-apologises.aspx#ixzz3CkMbif99

I do not want the new generation do the same thing. It is our responsibility to present a sport where there is no need to make these bad choices.
http://bikezilla.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/garmins-jonathan-vaughters-admits-doping/

If all U guys want to hate me for doping, please do it. But do not place suspicion on the modern generation of riders. its unfounded+untrue.

TRENDING THREADS