• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro Del Trentino, 22/04 - 25/04, 2.HC

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just watched the video. Couldn't understand a word they were saying! but thanks anyways for the link. Tomorrow definitely will be nice to watch.

I wonder if Cadel has changed his cadence style....In years past he has always ridden a very hard gear. Looking at the video, it looked like maybe he was riding a slightly easier gear. Not as fast of a cadence as say, Pozzovivo, but faster than what he has had in the past.

auscyclefan94 said:
He had stomach problems because he had his **** handed to him on both days on the climbs so far. Pozzovivo won't be near the action at crunch time in the Giro anyway.

You're from down under....guess your happy right now. :) Surely Pozzovivo will be in the action at the Giro to some extent. He was top 10 last year, and he seems to being doing well right now....I mean, he's second best here.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Jspear said:
You're from down under....guess your happy right now. :) Surely Pozzovivo will be in the action at the Giro to some extent. He was top 10 last year, and he seems to being doing well right now....I mean, he's second best here.

TTT and time trials along with the flat stages will see him lose 3-4 minutes. I have little confidence about his general ability across 3 weeks

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Jspear said:
I understand what you're saying. I'm not trying to say he'll even get top 5. I'm just saying he should be able to contend for top 10. He was able last year, is there a specific reason to think that he can't this year?

The time trial is quite long and not suited to him, the TTT is bad for him and I question his strength over 3 weeks. He'll lose time on the flat stages as well. I just see him getting blown out of the water tbh.

Jspear said:
Just watched the video. Couldn't understand a word they were saying! but thanks anyways for the link. Tomorrow definitely will be nice to watch.

I wonder if Cadel has changed his cadence style....In years past he has always ridden a very hard gear. Looking at the video, it looked like maybe he was riding a slightly easier gear. Not as fast of a cadence as say, Pozzovivo, but faster than what he has had in the past.

I noticed when he won the the Tour in 2011 he was spinning more on some stages but on the Galibier he was riding a monster gear. Usually he tends to get out of the saddle more and ride the bigger gears which is probably why he has trouble with constant attacks from the likes of Contador.

Anyone know much about the Kiwi rider George Bennett (Cannondale)? Finished Stage 3 14th place @ 51 sec (GC: 14th @ 1.50) ?

I didn't know the Kiwis had a pro that could climb a bit? Then again New Zealand is a pretty mountainous country so it should come as no surprise. Plus he's only 24. Good to see.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Jspear said:
I understand what you're saying. I'm not trying to say he'll even get top 5. I'm just saying he should be able to contend for top 10. He was able last year, is there a specific reason to think that he can't this year?

who cares about top- ten. or even top 5. pozzovivo should just attack wherever he cna in the mountains to make the race interesting.

Dazed and Confused said:
Last call, but a brutal one. Stage 4:
tappa4.jpg

To snatch the race from Evans, a move on this climb may be needed:
dettagliosalita1-tappa-4.jpg

Otherwise somebody will have to go berserk on this tiny hill:
dettagliosalita2-tappa-4.jpg

Show us what you got, Anton.

Is this deemed to be a big Hill? Can we confirm this either way so when Cadel wins, there is no confusion. :)