• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro d'Italia Stage 6: Sassano – Montecassino | 257 km

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
chiocciolis_calves said:
Of course they knew what was going on. Did I argue they didn't? Good to see you're not getting emotional and overreacting.

In quick order:

1. No, crashes in skiing, both downhill and X-C (to which I was most specifically referring) are not necessarily due to lack of skill. In downhill, ruts that cannot be anticipated can cause crashes, as can quick changes in conditions, as can simple bad mechanical luck. In X-C skiing, other skiers can bring competitors down. Plus, you have some of the same variables as downhill that I mentioned. You have no idea what you're talking about here.

2. No, the whole "raison d'etre" is not to hurt an opponent in boxing, the whole point is to win, perferably as quick as possible. If the point were to hurt the opponent, fighters would drag it out as long as possible to inflict the most pain.

3. Yes, the basketball comparison is "desperate," yet you cannot articulate why. Got it, Skippy.

4. A fine strawman. I have never argued that cycling should be like "Deathrace 2000." A surefire way to know who is losing a debate is to observe who resorts to strawman arguments and hyperbole quickest. Jesus, get over yourselves with all this unnecessary drama.

Good reply. Far too late in the late in the day for me to even attempt a philosophical debate

Genuine point of interest. Is 'Skippy' still used by native English speakers anywhere? Haven't heard that used since the TV series about the Kangaroo was on the BBC in the 70's

Looking forward to the Peleton's reaction to today's events in the coming days/weeks.months

TANK91 said:
i no off topic but do you play much. Im in 2015 for Movistar leaders are Degenkolb Valverde and Contador. Races won last year for Quintana won La Vuelta and 2nd in Giro. Valverde 2nd MSR, 2nd AGR, 1st F-W, 1st LBL, 3rd TDF, 1st WC.

play quite alot. usually get bored around year 2020 for some reason and start over again. Right now im Movistar too, but focusing on giving Quintana the best possible team to win the 2016 tour that got over 100km itt. playing with 2014 mod. :)

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
"The communication in the final isn't clear and to make rational decisions for such an unexpected situation isn't easy," Evans said."Our job is to race and to race to the finish. That's the first thing on our mind. What happened behind, I really have no idea. I haven't seen it. Unfortunately, it has been a very bad day for some of the riders."

Unfortunate to say that two days after a neutralised stage.
I don't know, Cadel is an intense guy, maybe his views coloured by what happened on the 2010 tour.
Considering what comes in the last week of racing, if he wins, it'd take a hard heart to say he wouldn't deserve it if he can hold onto this lead.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Some news from Belkin. Kruiswijk is back at the hospital for a second opinion, as the pain in his shoulder did not get better. I think that he's going to DNS tomorrow, but the official decision will be made (or announced) tomorrow morning. No wonder he had a hard time getting back on the bike. Rick Flens is also in doubt, as he's got a small fracture in his finger. If he does get back on the bike tomorrow, that's probably going to hurt.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The 'go-slow' v today.
The 'go-slow' was discussed and agreed upon before any major crashes, no?
If one or a hundred goes down what's the difference?
The Evansophobes are at it again methinks.

winkybiker said:
"you're"

10char

Seriously? Please do keep correcting Tank91 posts, will keep you working hard on this forum :). English is his native language, but he's harder to understand than those few posters that say "sorry for my poor english" at the end of their posts because they are from countries where english isn't a common learned language.

Vino attacks everyone said:
play quite alot. usually get bored around year 2020 for some reason and start over again. Right now im Movistar too, but focusing on giving Quintana the best possible team to win the 2016 tour that got over 100km itt. playing with 2014 mod. :)

I'm curious, does that old trick from PCM 2003 still work in the newer editions, accelerate game speed x8 and spam the attack button on your keyboard?

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah, the following was released by Evans to the rest of the world

2BovcN2.gif

Hehe nice one.

TANK91 said:
Stop being a suckup ILoveCycling Quintana is not a great ITT rider.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Quintana is a great TT rider, but they are saying he isn't bad at it. No actually they are saying he is actually pretty good at it(NOT great), unless there is a lot of wind.
There are only a few great TT riders.

Cookster15 said:
Yes like 2010 Giro when he actually gained time on Basso with an even steeper MTT. MTTs are not the same as MTFs. Diesels like Evans can do very well against little climbers in MTTs if on form. I think Evans might just be riding better than 2010.....if he holds form.

Quintana will normally ride a lot better MTT than Basso.

WillemS said:
Some news from Belkin. Kruiswijk is back at the hospital for a second opinion, as the pain in his shoulder did not get better. I think that he's going to DNS tomorrow, but the official decision will be made (or announced) tomorrow morning. No wonder he had a hard time getting back on the bike. Rick Flens is also in doubt, as he's got a small fracture in his finger. If he does get back on the bike tomorrow, that's probably going to hurt.

Really really sad for Kruijswijk. It really seemed that he was getting back to his old level. I was eager to see how he would do this Giro.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Cadel is currently 2nd favourite to win the Giro on betfair.

There are some very very stupid people backing him.

If you're so confident, have the balls to stick your cash out there and take a few of their bets. Betfair is a betting exchange after all

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Seriously? Please do keep correcting Tank91 posts, will keep you working hard on this forum :). English is his native language, but he's harder to understand than those few posters that say "sorry for my poor english" at the end of their posts because they are from countries where english isn't a common learned language.

Wow so your blaming me because im English im meant to be as good as others sorry dude but im notas intelligent as some and i wont get into why, ok?

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes i love PCM reason i got rid of Quintana is because he was 82 in mountain and he could reach 84 and 80 hill. So i thought my signing of Contadr was realistic. I no this is going way off topic but Froome was crazy this was his victories in 2014 Vuelta Mallorca, Tour Of Oman, Paris Nice, Volta ciclist Cataluna, his first defeat was at Pais Vasco(Valverde won) he then won Tour de Romandie, Giro di I'talia(6 stage wins, Quitana second) and the Dauphinee.

He went into the TDF with 60 race days which mean he was tyred, Contador who had 42 race days and came 5th in Giro went onto win. Froome has 1013 WT points. How did your first few years go what results you get? Sorry for going off topic.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Can you please stop quoting him,I have this clown on ignore for a long time and Im not prepared to read his bs again;)
Much apreciated mi amigo:)

Chill man i just saying what i said was not personal love the people who ignore me they all say it yet not true.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Do you mean in a flat ITT????

If people read through earlier we was having debate with Ryo about how much time Quintana would lose to Evans, Ryo said not by much. We all no Evans is not great but he will beat Quintana easily. So yes flat clearly Pais Vasco ITT he was great but many were saying he could lose around a min to Froome in the TDF and it was laughable.