• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Ronde van Belgian? (Baloise Belgium Tour), May 28 - June 1, 2.HC

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So how much time can Tony Martin put into his rivals (whoever they may be) in 16.7 kilometers? He's lying at 20 seconds back on the GC, but of the eight men at 19 seconds or less, none of the names really jump out as seeking to take advantage of their small cushion. Terpstra maybe? Can he ride a good time trial? I see that he was fifth on a short TT in Qatar back in February for whatever that's worth.

Panzerwagen strikes of course:

TT result:

1 MARTIN Tony GER OPQ 0:19:43
2 DUMOULIN Tom NED GIA 0:00:16
3 CHAVANEL Sylvain FRA IAM 0:00:26
4 DILLIER Silvan SUI BMC 0:00:44
5 BRANDLE Matthias AUT IAM 0:00:47
6 GILBERT Philippe BEL BMC 0:00:48
7 LEMOINE Cyril FRA COF 0:00:51
8 OVECHKIN Artem RUS RVL 0:00:51
9 HAGA Chad USA GIA 0:00:53
10 HOLLENSTEIN Reto SUI IAM 0:00:56

But lets see what IAM and BMC can do with a couple of guys up there.

Dillier firmly beaten but up there.

Edit: ah I see Dillier lost time on an earlier stage. Too bad.

classicomano said:
Yes. He should stick to the road, no glory to be had in cyclo cross.

I guess you don't know what cyclocross is ...

Keep on crossing, Mathieu. You'll never find a better sphere than in cross. This countryside, these prairies, ain't it beautiful? Looking forward to seeing him next Autumn, around Overijse or Namur ! :)

Anyone knows what happened to Lagutin. Listed as DNF in CQ but this strange thing at Procyclingstats:

DNQ Lagutin SergeyRusVelo4:16:11 (same time as winner).

I have him as a unique pick in the CQ game and expected him to pick up some points in the GC:confused:

TRENDING THREADS