• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 18, Stage 13: Saint-Étienne - Chamrousse 197.5km

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
In the eyes of Nibali fanboys, I guess.

He knows in what kind of shape Alberto. We don't.

does he also know Nibali's shape? What makes him to get that conclusion? Pure blind faith in AC's ability which is in most people distant memory like 2009? The hard stone fact is AC's last win of Tour is 2009, which is like 5 years ago. Keep living in your 2009 dreams, I guess. Peace out

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
GroupDK said:
Jakob Fuglsang : comes in 30 min after..

states in interview " I think Contador was right you should definatly Watch out from Jurgen van de brook on the descent.. "

Seems it was a Lotto-bottle from him there took Fuglsang Down.. :rolleyes:

JVDB, the trap layer?

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
maxmartin said:
does he also know Nibali's shape? What makes him to get that conclusion? Pure blind faith in AC's ability which is in most people distant memory like 2009? The hard stone fact is AC's last win of Tour is 2009, which is like 5 years ago. Keep living in your 2009 dreams, I guess. Peace out

Man that is harsh don't talk silly my friend. We have alot more evidenceto bckFroome and Contador over Nibali. You mkae it seem they can't beat Nibali lol. Valverde was better early on last year. Please go watch AX-3 stage Froome put a min plus into Valverde. And that is a fairly short climb. So stop with the Nibali in form of his life when the 2 best guys aint in the race

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Man that is harsh don't talk silly my friend. We have alot more evidenceto bckFroome and Contador over Nibali. You mkae it seem they can't beat Nibali lol. Valverde was better early on last year. Please go watch AX-3 stage Froome put a min plus into Valverde. And that is a fairly short climb. So stop with the Nibali in form of his life when the 2 best guys aint in the race

Froome in 2nd stage of Dauphine ( mountains ) with all those USELESS accelerations took only 4 seconds to the 3rd place wich was Kelderman LOL.

TANK91 said:

Froome has been below par the entire season except one stage in TdR. He would not have been a factor here.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
TANK91 said:

keep digging those more evidence happened in the past, while real riders are racing in the right now.

thrawn said:
Pinot was doing plenty of work in the group too. Valverde raced fine, until it was just him & Pinot. Then he returned to his usual self.

Yes he did some work but Valverde was on the front the majority of the time while also being the one who made the attack.

I just think people are way too hard on the guy because they dislike him. For all we know the group would have stayed together until just before the finish if he hadn't blown everything apart. He could have sat up then but instead he led the group the vast majority of the time. But of course people only focus on him attacking Pinot. And it wasn't at all like he had been sitting on right before the final attack. They had been swapping turns for awhile at that point.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Kelderman in Giro form, Froome and AC in build up. And if Froome and Contador had worked together, they would have put more time into Kelderman.

Don't reply to the idiot. Froome and Contador waited. Else i could just say were was Nibali?. People foreget Contador cracked Nibali on a 1.8km hill. 3 seconds is not alot but on 1.8km climb in last meteres it is.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Froome has been below par the entire season except one stage in TdR. He would not have been a factor here.

lol please never watch cycling again. Haha 1 stage lol? You missed the Dauphinee

Dekker_Tifosi said:
In the end Nibali finished 10' ahead of König and Majka. So there is something to say for Contador being able to gain time..

But in yellow, mwah, i think not. I think he'd have gained '30 at best

Agreed. Not impossible, but highly, highly unlikely to take over 2.5 mins on PdBF and today. Unless Nibali went too deep into the red trying to follow the accelerations and cracked similar to what Contador did last year with Froome on A3D. I don't think Contador would've been in yellow prior to the Pyrenees.

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
jaylew said:
Yes he did some work but Valverde was on the front the majority of the time while also being the one who made the attack.

I just think people are way too hard on the guy because they dislike him. For all we know the group would have stayed together until just before the finish if he hadn't blown everything apart. He could have sat up then but instead he led the group the vast majority of the time. But of course people only focus on him attacking Pinot. And it wasn't at all like he had been sitting on right before the final attack. They had been swapping turns for awhile at that point.

Think Valverde wanted to put time between him and the rest from 3rd-10th.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
jaylew said:

he was the front when the Movei weak train was drilling hard. I think people criticizing his cunning and selfish racing style. But too be honest, his style is very effective. But clearly he is not racing for the win but for the second place otherwise he would work together with TP.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
maxmartin said:
keep digging those more evidence happened in the past, while real riders are racing in the right now.

Max you just being biast but it is ok, you're a Nibali fan. Put yourself in our shoes say Nibali was a GT dominator would you be the same?. You say about the race that is going on but what about never winning a MTF vs the 2 who are out?. Just admit it this TDF will have *next to it. Never have the top 2 favourites had to abandoned. It is like LA and Ullrich abandoning it don't happen.

TRENDING THREADS