2014 Tour de France July 23, Stage 17: Saint-Gaudens - Saint-Lary-Soulan Pla d'Adet 1

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win stage 17?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1. ITA NIBALI Vincenzo 41 ASTANA PRO TEAM 76h 41' 28''
2. ESP VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro 11 MOVISTAR TEAM 76h 46' 54'' + 05' 26''
3. FRA PINOT Thibaut 127 FDJ.FR 76h 47' 28'' + 06' 00''
4. FRA PÉRAUD Jean-Christophe 81 AG2R LA MONDIALE 76h 47' 36'' + 06' 08''
5. FRA BARDET Romain 82 AG2R LA MONDIALE 76h 49' 02'' + 07' 34''
6. USA VAN GARDEREN Tejay 141 BMC RACING TEAM 76h 51' 47'' + 10' 19''
7. NED MOLLEMA Bauke 61 BELKIN PRO CYCLING 76h 53' 27'' + 11' 59''
8. NED TEN DAM Laurens 67 BELKIN PRO CYCLING 76h 53' 44'' + 12' 16''
9. CZE KONIG Leopold 201 TEAM NETAPP-ENDURA 76h 54' 08'' + 12' 40''
10. FRA ROLLAND Pierre 151 TEAM EUROPCAR 76h 54' 43'' + 13' 15''

Sep 2, 2010
Even as a Nibali fan I didn't enjoy that. I want to see Nibali being pushed, but it's just a procession.

However, I do think this Tour has been especially draining. So maybe Nibali has been on the limit

Aug 16, 2011
whittashau said:
Even as a Nibali fan I didn't enjoy that. I want to see Nibali being pushed, but it's just a procession.

However, I do think this Tour has been especially draining. So maybe Nibali has been on the limit
I doubt anyone is capable of pushing Nibali.

whittashau said:

This has been true since Contador left the race.

Sep 2, 2010
phanatic said:
Majka barely even tried for that. Best climber in the race by a mile.
No, not even close. He just looks good because he's more fresh than the GC men. Overall he isn't the best climber.

Carols said:
Tremendous recovery by Valverde, finishes in front of those he needed to. He just needs a friendly wheel in front of him :D
Stick a fishing rod on his bike with a wheel hanging off the hook and he'll win the Tour

I also love the irony of some people chastising him or it who I distinctly remember defended Evans. Said Evans was just being smart....

Aug 4, 2010
whittashau said:

He was,he tried to drop Peraud,esp on last 300m,he couldnt.
edit: but like I said, still best climber in the race
Carols said:
Tremendous recovery by Valverde, finishes in front of those he needed to. He just needs a friendly wheel in front of him :D
Lol:D

whittashau said:
No, not even close. He just looks good because he's more fresh than the GC men. Overall he isn't the best climber.
Judging from his performance on stage 13, 14 and today, I think he's one of the top 3-5 climbers, but also partly because the Tour has become a race for the 2nd tier GC riders with the absence of AC and Froome

ILovecycling said:
yep, genius he is,saved Tour:)
Having by far the strongest rider in the breakaway helps too :D
I liked how they used Roche though, impressive.
So right now Tinkoff-Saxo must be pretty happy about the tour. Not sure they could get 3 stage wins even with Contador since they probably wouldnt chase each breakaway (of course placing high or winning GC is more valuable but still)

Aug 4, 2010
Rollthedice said:
You think so? He was just doing a Froome impersonation while getting bored to drag Peraud up to a few seconds to Valverde.
yeah,but if you high your speed up,you are trying to drop,at least I think:)

ASK THE COMMUNITY