• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 23, Stage 17: Saint-Gaudens - Saint-Lary-Soulan Pla d'Adet 1

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win stage 17?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1. ITA NIBALI Vincenzo 41 ASTANA PRO TEAM 76h 41' 28''
2. ESP VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro 11 MOVISTAR TEAM 76h 46' 54'' + 05' 26''
3. FRA PINOT Thibaut 127 FDJ.FR 76h 47' 28'' + 06' 00''
4. FRA PÉRAUD Jean-Christophe 81 AG2R LA MONDIALE 76h 47' 36'' + 06' 08''
5. FRA BARDET Romain 82 AG2R LA MONDIALE 76h 49' 02'' + 07' 34''
6. USA VAN GARDEREN Tejay 141 BMC RACING TEAM 76h 51' 47'' + 10' 19''
7. NED MOLLEMA Bauke 61 BELKIN PRO CYCLING 76h 53' 27'' + 11' 59''
8. NED TEN DAM Laurens 67 BELKIN PRO CYCLING 76h 53' 44'' + 12' 16''
9. CZE KONIG Leopold 201 TEAM NETAPP-ENDURA 76h 54' 08'' + 12' 40''
10. FRA ROLLAND Pierre 151 TEAM EUROPCAR 76h 54' 43'' + 13' 15''

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Even as a Nibali fan I didn't enjoy that. I want to see Nibali being pushed, but it's just a procession.

However, I do think this Tour has been especially draining. So maybe Nibali has been on the limit

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
whittashau said:
Even as a Nibali fan I didn't enjoy that. I want to see Nibali being pushed, but it's just a procession.

However, I do think this Tour has been especially draining. So maybe Nibali has been on the limit

I doubt anyone is capable of pushing Nibali.

Carols said:
Tremendous recovery by Valverde, finishes in front of those he needed to. He just needs a friendly wheel in front of him :D

Stick a fishing rod on his bike with a wheel hanging off the hook and he'll win the Tour

I also love the irony of some people chastising him or it who I distinctly remember defended Evans. Said Evans was just being smart....

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
whittashau said:

He was,he tried to drop Peraud,esp on last 300m,he couldnt.
edit: but like I said, still best climber in the race
Carols said:
Tremendous recovery by Valverde, finishes in front of those he needed to. He just needs a friendly wheel in front of him :D
Lol:D

ILovecycling said:
yep, genius he is,saved Tour:)

Having by far the strongest rider in the breakaway helps too :D
I liked how they used Roche though, impressive.
So right now Tinkoff-Saxo must be pretty happy about the tour. Not sure they could get 3 stage wins even with Contador since they probably wouldnt chase each breakaway (of course placing high or winning GC is more valuable but still)

TRENDING THREADS