• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm seeing the Kwiatkowski group 1:20 down to the leaders and 2:30 ahead of the peloton. Is that right?

How big a lead will the peloton be comfortable giving him? The full 4 minutes that the leaders have? Or is that too much?

SeriousSam said:
To be fair, I don't fully understand the yellow jersey dynamics. It seems more driven by tradition than optimal tactics ("if you've got the yellow jersey you need to defend!")

I'd say its also a way of paying back the sponsor. You have the option of getting extra attention when your team has the yellow jersey, so you better take that opportunity.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
BsgZ57tIEAEEYK2.jpg

great pic. Vos and Nibbles

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If Martin bridges Kwiatek back to the break then what happens? Will Westra pull at all? And surely Saxo and Sky can't allow Kwiatek 5+mins and so who loses his nerve first and takes over the Lotto holiday train?