• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 63 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry for Purito,but Nibali was really flying,simply too strong and he didn't have to attack,he was already in front of the other guys.Lol at those Contador fans,let's start bash Nibali,well haters gonna hate.Little Richie not good enough but the Tour is long he'll get his chances ,i don't think this is already over.

May 9, 2012
Visit site
How can the fact that Contador has managed to drop Nibali on a MFT in this Tour, drive people to the conclusion that Nibali could've dropped Conta today? Foolish.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
On a MTF where both Contador and Froome weren't present

And Purito was empty after today's effort. He may be the strongest climber in this year's Tour. We'll have to see.

Other than that, Nibs definitely showed who's the boss.

murali said:
with no more competitors left,
Nibali gets yellow
Sagan gets green
JRod gets polka

this is a fight for just white jersey now.

this tour has reduced to
le tour de crash.

is too much to ask for an exciting tour?

i think it is better to watch Giro and Veulta from now on, and skip Tour entirely.:mad::mad::mad:
Yeah that can only happen at the Tour of course that the big favourites crash out. Nice thinking there.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Ramira said:
Both are dealing with the aftermath of crashes. VBD at least says he's starting to feel better. Let's see what they do after the rest day and a few flat stages, they may be better after some time for recovery. Though it seems Talanksy has lost to much time already.

Hopefully one of them can light up the other MTF stages. Maybe even do a Pereiro and salvage this tour? :eek:

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
up and down day, but not a big long drag up a H cat mountain yet

2 minutes is nothing with 2 weeks left

Valverde still in this and some others

Porte was probably smart not to chase for the sake of 25 seconds

GC:

ITA 1 NIBALI, Vincenzo (ASTANA) 42:33:38
AUS 2 PORTE, Richie (SKY) + 2:23
ESP 3 VALVERDE BELMONTE, Alejandro (MOVISTAR) + 2:47
FRA 4 BARDET, Romain (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 3:01
FRA 5 GALLOPIN, Tony (LOTTO BELISOL) + 3:12
FRA 6 PINOT, Thibaut (FDJ.fr) + 3:47
USA 7 VAN GARDEREN, Tejay (BMC RACING) + 3:56
FRA 8 PERAUD, Jean-Christophe (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 3:57
POR 9 FARIA DA COSTA, Rui Alberto (LAMPRE - MERIDA) + 3:58
NED 10 MOLLEMA, Bauke (BELKIN) + 4:08

Escarabajo said:
Valverde is one of the biggest frauds of cycling. Honestly.
Wow, seriously? :rolleyes:
whittashau said:
So I think today shows that the forum members are so one eyed that their opinions are often clueless

Remember, most people before the Tour started questioned if Nibali could beat Valverde for third. Even today it seemed like half the forum thought that Porte would outclimb him

What a bad post. It's sport. You never know what will happen. People make their predictions and sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. If someone predicts a certain rider will beat another and it doesn't happen it why does it mean they are clueless? They were just wrong. Big deal.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
one of the young frenchies (Bardet or Pinot) could end up on the podium ! that would be amazing. Wasnt impressed by Nibali, sure he won and will control from now on, but he isn't that much better than the others in terms of pushing the pedals. Not saying he doesn't deserve it though. He was in the top 4 initially in terms of "power" and is winning it because of his riding ability and tactical ability (going ahead on the cobbles). He deserves it. My fear is that we might now see that defensive coalition where Movistars and Skys do Nibali's work because they want to ensure their leader's podium. Would be a shame.

brilleaben said:
How can the fact that Contador has managed to drop Nibali on a MFT in this Tour, drive people to the conclusion that Nibali could've dropped Conta today? Foolish.
as the great thinker called lenin was keen to emphasise, "then" differs significantly from "now". :D

I guess they'd have been tied pretty much, btw. both bordering FR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The Blues said:
This is so unfair in every possible way...

Unfair for Nibali, because the absence of Contador and Froome will question his win.
Unfair for Contador and Froome for obvious reasons (that's racing, I know, but it still sucks).
Unfair for the fans because we won't get to see the massively entertaining battle it would have undoubtedly have been between these guys.

PS: They would have had a hard time dropping Lo Squalo nevertheless, I believe. He is really strong!

the contention that nibbles is strong is now going to be just that.

without a proper challenge, we will never know whether the strongest rider won.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
murali said:
the contention that nibbles is strong is now going to be just that.

without a proper challenge, we will never know whether the strongest rider won.

The strongest rider is the one who win the damn thing:cool:

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Pippo_San said:
It's called being blind.
I said it in another thread many days ago: Contador will NEVER EVER win a TdF again.
The man is over, he's the last remnant of the old generation. No place for him in the future years.

sure considering his performance this year....

TRENDING THREADS