• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
Come on, of course it isn't quitw like that but you have to agree that Contador would have had a hard time dropping him today. And Nibali has panache.

All smiles at the finish line. Not puffing hard. It's not his fault that nobody's come close to challenging him this tour.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Time to edit some PCM stats.;)

I'm an eternal optimist and still hoping for the rest to attack Nibali hard.
Pinot suffered from bad positioning. Hope Papy will get a free role as well.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
Clipboard_zpsb2e87092.png

Can AV hang on the podium???

Pulpstar said:
What was Nibali's time up Les Planche ?

How does it compare to Froome's 2012 effort ?

Nibali was 30-odd seconds slower according to Danish TV2.
Though today's stage was ridden in far worse conditions and was considerably tougher in regards to climbing before the finishing ascent

Aditya said:
Talansky and VDB have been the wet blankets of this Tour. Expected so much out of them.

Both are dealing with the aftermath of crashes. VBD at least says he's starting to feel better. Let's see what they do after the rest day and a few flat stages, they may be better after some time for recovery. Though it seems Talanksy has lost to much time already.

This is so unfair in every possible way...

Unfair for Nibali, because the absence of Contador and Froome will question his win.
Unfair for Contador and Froome for obvious reasons (that's racing, I know, but it still sucks).
Unfair for the fans because we won't get to see the massively entertaining battle it would have undoubtedly have been between these guys.

PS: They would have had a hard time dropping Lo Squalo nevertheless, I believe. He is really strong!

dlwssonic said:
so many nibali fans all of a sudden this tour haha..... can't blame them after his performance in the cobbles.

Surely Nibali has always been a forum favourite? All big name riders have their fans and their detractors, but Nibali tends to be quite popular even amongst fans who don't rate him with the likes of Contador and Froome as a GC man because he is fun.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
with no more competitors left,
Nibali gets yellow
Sagan gets green
JRod gets polka

this is a fight for just white jersey now.

this tour has reduced to
le tour de crash.

is too much to ask for an exciting tour?

i think it is better to watch Giro and Veulta from now on, and skip Tour entirely.:mad::mad::mad: