• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 11: Besançon - Oyonnax (187.5 km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
What happened to Talansky?

The crashes have taken their toll on him. I think he was attempting to chase back on earlier (I was preoccupied with reading the other parts of the forum so wasn't focused 100% on the race), he stopped for a while and it looked like he was about to abandon. Doctors told him he was injured but nothing that could prevent him from continuing. He made the decision to continue on.

At this point he's already pretty far back so it was just about making it to the finish within the time cut. So he rode the rest of the stage solo and managed to make it.

Liquigas said:
One thing is to take a few easy days recovering and another being there having to fight everyday for a GC.

That would be cool and all that if this was the third day in a row of mountain stages. It is the day after a rest day with one mountain stage before with only flat, hilly stages before that where he only had to stay with the main group so recovery shouldn't be a factor.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
Chris Horner has been training for what, 3 weeks after his severe injury? And he's already better than Rui Costa in the climbs...:eek:

There is not another rider in the peloton that would be as good as Horner with only three weeks training. He is truly special

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Really interesting stage till the end!And Gallopin,lol my pick for today stage win in our Great gt game before Tour (bit lucky:p),very well done.

And just for the record...Vaughters is a fvcking clown:eek:

Very nice one by Gallopin, especially since he was attacker on two occasions. He actually made more teams fail today, not only Cannondale:
- Orica, which pulled for Gerrans, who again showed little
- OPQS, which had multiple cards to play - Kwiatkowski to attack, Trentin to sprint, yet none of them worked
- Saxo - same as OPQS with Rogers / Bennati
- BMC, trying to pull him back for GVA's sprint - unsuccessfully
- Giant - having Degenkolb as arguably best sprinter in the final group, who gambled on final sprint

Many losers, only one winner...

Czapiewski said:
Kwiatek called Sagan's bluff, he knew he had no chance with Sagan wheelsucking till the last km and did not want 2-3 place again.

Calling bluff means to win. His chance beating Sagan is sprint were probably 30-70 which is really better that zero chance "calling Sagan bluff" and let the gallopin win.

Both deserved to loose.

I am disapointed that Sagan lost, but I am more disapointed that Sagan is still so naive he thought that it would be different today. I would love him loosing to Kwiatko on the finish line.

He used to ride by instict or youth folishness before, he is not listening to instinct anymore he thinks and turn back to many times.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Just finished watching the stage.

What a classy win by Gallopin, attacked, got caught and went away again to get his stage win, fantastic. :cool:

Sagan( No-one will carry you to the finish line!) is getting dumber every year, responds to every attacks and then don't chase in the last k's or just attacks by himself... :eek: This was a tailor made stage for him.

Rui Costa just awful, the rest day destroyed his form, hope is back sharp tomorrow.

Props to Talansky doing a Machado alone.

SKSemtex said:
Calling bluff means to win. His chance beating Sagan is sprint were probably 30-70 which is really better that zero chance "calling Sagan bluff" and let the gallopin win.

Both deserved to loose.

I am disapointed that Sagan lost, but I am more disapointed that Sagan is still so naive he thought that it would be different today. I would love him loosing to Kwiatko on the finish line.

He used to ride by instict or youth folishness before, he is not listening to instinct anymore he thinks and turn back to many times.

This is it. He thinks too much and forgets to race. Tomorrow I would love to see him riding the hell out of it on the descent and going all out in the flat part. Maybe he will be brought back, maybe he will get outsprinted on the line by someone capable of following, but I dont really Care as long as he rides wholeheartedly.

May 28, 2014
Visit site
SKSemtex said:

Both deserved to loose.

You are right, both lost, but I think this is more painful for Sagan - so many said that this is his stage and he lacked only one thing in this TDF - stage win.

A fine win indeed:

318-PIC481352394.jpg

More pics: http://www.steephill.tv/2014/tour-de-france/photos/stage-11/

Hugo87 said:
Just finished watching the stage.

What a classy win by Gallopin, attacked, got caught and went away again to get his stage win, fantastic. :cool:

Sagan( No-one will carry you to the finish line!) is getting dumber every year, responds to every attacks and then don't chase in the last k's or just attacks by himself... :eek: This was a tailor made stage for him.

Rui Costa just awful, the rest day destroyed his form, hope is back sharp tomorrow.

Props to Talansky doing a Machado alone.

Costa has bronchitis. Obviously that doesn't help !

TRENDING THREADS