• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 9: Gerardmer – Mulhouse: 170km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Libertine Seguros said:
Is that really his first road win?! I could have sworn he had some others to go with his near misses in Frankfurt and the Vuelta. I see he has a few as a junior in the Giro delle Regioni, Thüringen Rundfahrt etc.; he won Hel van het Mergelland (1.1) in 2008... a stage of the Tour de Suisse in 2009...

Not sure I'm keen on the Panzerwagen hat.

You forgot about the great race Tour of Beijing. :eek:

(I'm pretty sure that was intentional though)

LaFlorecita said:
Why? Tinkoff was going to control tomorrow's stage anyway, and Nibali will get the jersey back tomorrow.

xanadu said:
Cant see Gallopin and the boys grinding it out at thge front on tomorrows stage, still Astana's race to control, should have ditched the bib after the cobbled stage.
Guys, I wasn't talking about controlling the race, it was more this:
maxmartin said:
but Nibali can have a good rest, no medial obligation, get more prepared for tomorrow
Was more worthy 3 secs. or this?

Dazed and Confused said:
Don't forget Machado. Some brilliant plans today from brave and aggressive riders.
Exactly as it should be.
Yes, forgot about him!

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Congrats to Tony!He is one of my two only germans in this world I like:D
Great to see Gallopin to take yellow!On 14 july great!

cineteq said:
- Brilliant victory by Tony Martin
- Good tactics for Rolland, Gallopin and Rodriguez
- Fail for the rest of the chasing group
- Great for Astana handing out the yellow jersey
- Fail for Saxo and Sky for allowing Astana to rid of yellow jersey
What a massive fail to allow Astana to get rid of yellow for 1 day and their team (saxo) anyway will control tomorrow stage:rolleyes:

ILovecycling said:
What a massive fail to allow Astana to get rid of yellow for 1 day and their team (saxo) anyway will control tomorrow stage:rolleyes:
It's all about resting bro. Less media at end of stage, and beginning of tomorrow's stage. The right State of Mind for Lo Squalo to go for the kill at La Planche des Belles Filles! :D

Dazed and Confused said:
Don't forget Machado.

Some brilliant plans today from brave and aggressive riders.
Exactly as it should be.

I agree with this. However, I definitely don't agree that Europcar/Rolland's tactics were good today. Rolland gained 4 minutes or so in the GC - what for? Now his chances of getting away tomorrow - which should be a HUGE target for him - are way worse. And it's not like he's gonna compete for the GC anyway.

cineteq said:
It's all about resting bro. Less media at end of stage, and beginning of tomorrow's stage. The right State of Mind for Lo Squalo to go for the kill at La Planche des Belles Filles! :D

Quoting "Maxmartin" made my day. Its you and clueless Kirby on this one...

And how much "rest" do you expect Nibali and gregarios will have tomorrow? Its not as if he still wont be the marked man. :rolleyes:

Earth calling, Earth calling...

Jagartrott said:
Strange what Pinot did in that last decent. Was he out to prove something with regards to his fear of descending, was he getting a head start, did he genuinely try to escape,...?

He was just trying to descend on his own away from everybody else

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
No_Balls said:
Quoting "Maxmartin" made my day. Its you and clueless Kirby on this one...

And how much "rest" do you expect Nibali and gregarios will have tomorrow? Its not as if he still wont be the marked man. :rolleyes:

Earth calling, Earth calling...

More rest than they would if he was still in yellow. Which is a irrefutable point

TRENDING THREADS