• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Volta a Catalunya, Stage 7: Barcelona (Montjuic) (121 Km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Best surprise of this race for me was TeeJay. On the last climb both he and Alberto went. Pic very broken up but it looked like TJ went over the top on Alberto! Plus he won the Queen stage. Boy might be coming into his own; very steady progression. No flash and bang just steadily getting better.

Fzotrlool said:
Froome out of top 10? Wtf.. Pulling a Wiggins?

I guess he fell but was awarded the same time

1956879_536909779762631_1466564038_o.jpg

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Nope, he fell earlier so changed the bike, I guess that was the reason he wasn't picked up. The funny thing is had there been an iTT here he may well have won the race although Tejay's lead would have been hard to overcome.

The funny thing is there are a lot of different outcomes that did not happen. The race is history. Places have been decided.

Big Doopie said:
bingo.

this volta has nothing to do with TDF. unless climbers distance TTers by a huge amount, TJ and Froome seem to have little to worry about at the moment.

I'm very happy for Tjay. Hopefully he'll be able to perform this well in the summer over 3 weeks. It would be nice to have a new young American gc contender. I'm also hoping Contador can improve on his tting. He'll need that for the Tour.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Carols said:
Best surprise of this race for me was TeeJay. On the last climb both he and Alberto went. Pic very broken up but it looked like TJ went over the top on Alberto! Plus he won the Queen stage. Boy might be coming into his own; very steady progression. No flash and bang just steadily getting better.

I didn't see the race, but I agree on the bolded. I hope he can make another step this year!

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Jspear said:
I'm very happy for Tjay. Hopefully he'll be able to perform this well in the summer over 3 weeks. It would be nice to have a new young American gc contender. I'm also hoping Contador can improve on his tting. He'll need that for the Tour.

His winning a high mountain stage and then being on the podium in a pure climbers race without any time trialing miles is an extremely good sign. Pretty exciting for Tejay. Hopefully BMC doesn't mess around with leadership questions anymore, and puts all of their best resources behind him now instead of Cadel.

TRENDING THREADS