• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Vuelta a Espana, stage 13: Belorado-Obrégon (188.7 km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
Don't be shocked if Samu wins the Vuelta.

He's the freshest one out of everyone. It's a shame this last week isn't harder. Like, the next few stages, it's a shame there aren't a few more like that next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If there was, I'd say he'd win.

But yeah, he'll definitely podium!

You're not serious, right?

Sasquatch said:
Don't be shocked if Samu wins the Vuelta.

He's the freshest one out of everyone. It's a shame this last week isn't harder. Like, the next few stages, it's a shame there aren't a few more like that next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If there was, I'd say he'd win.

But yeah, he'll definitely podium!
Even Saxo didn't dare sign him... he's probably fresh as a daisy :cool:

Dazed and Confused said:
Talk about potentially destroying a great design.
Cut the last 10-15km away and this would be a perfect stage for serious racing.
I fear this will be another pathetic uphill type sprint.
My expectation is very low, can only be positively surprised I guess.

Same finish.

53laur.png

Adding this 20km from the finish:

Estranguada1.gif

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
What was your reaction when someone told you last year the Horner was going to win La Vuelta?

You can't compare Horner to this Sanchez at all.

Sanchez already has 68 days this season, Why would he be fresh as a daisy?

is anyone following cyclingnews' live ticker? what are these bears they are talking about ? I can't really give full attention here b/c I am supposed to do my job, but it brings to mind the debacle from the movie semi-pro with will ferrell.

Bears? 60 live bears? is this real or are these like stuffed bears??? i foresee calamitous disaster.....

quote: 'The word reaching us from the Parque de Cabárceno is that some 60 bears will have a grandstand view of the finish from their field at the far side of the barriers.'

ggusta said:
is anyone following cyclingnews' live ticker? what are these bears they are talking about ? I can't really give full attention here b/c I am supposed to do my job, but it brings to mind the debacle from the movie semi-pro with will ferrell.

Bears? 60 live bears? is this real or are these like stuffed bears??? i foresee calamitous disaster.....

quote: 'The word reaching us from the Parque de Cabárceno is that some 60 bears will have a grandstand view of the finish from their field at the far side of the barriers.'

Yesterday I posted a map, they finish at a wildlife park, they ride past the hippos and zebras and finish between the bears and giraffes & ostriches.

May 9, 2011
Visit site
webbie146 said:
Tinkoff pretty lucky again today, almost no work to be done.
The last few days have been pretty easy and smooth for tinkoff.

Yesterday the only people who worked hard were the viewers. The nice relaxing day probably benefited Froome more than Tinkoff.

TRENDING THREADS