• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 6: S-B-en-C > Villard-de-Lans 183km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ray j willings said:
I don't expect Nibs to defend. I think he will sit up again tomorrow.

Valverde is a different matter and has some nice time over TJ. Froome etc.

I expect one of the Garmin boys Martin or Talansky to go for a long one tomorrow "makes sense"

TJ rode a lot at the front trying to chase down, the fact Froome sat on his wheel and could not distance TJ by much at the end does not bold well for Froome.

I think Froome will struggle tomorrow. If Sky want to win they will have to ride and TJ etc will just sit behind Froome and then attack

Yates was strong and the race is pretty much open for attacks. great stuff.

I love chaos, its so exciting.

to be honest "Fu$% knows whats going to happen"
Good post! Agree Nibali won't defend unless minimal effort is needed. Valverde looks tired, he'll fade. TJ looks good to win it all. This year finally Froome has been exposed

That said, I can't resist. I get these once in a lifetime. :p

BigMac said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Very promising stage, but the current peloton might turn this into an uphill sprint.

Yep. Guys like Bala or Faria da Costa, who lost plenty of time today, could try something on Rousset, but then again they are not the riders for that. Perhaps Nibali could have some initiative and drag those two with him. This could have Courchevel writen all over it.
BigMac said:
Alberto da Costa.

Re:

Poursuivant said:
Froome is definitely not as good as last year, getting dropped by Gadret and co., certainly doesn 't bode well.

Nibali bounced back in style, I knew he wasn't too bad yesterday!

He wanst dropred by Gadret and cia, he was just following TVG.
He is not so good with rain, but he was ok and if the weather change he can still win Dauophiné.

His team is not so good here and they worked at the begining.

As I said yesterday, with people as Nibali and Contador, Froome cant slep well, becouse he is not so good as them in stage with lot of variables.

Re:

Poursuivant said:
Froome is definitely not as good as last year, getting dropped by Gadret and co., certainly doesn 't bode well.

This. So glad to see Nibali back to attacking ways. I was glad, however, to see him pipped on the line.

Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
Poursuivant said:

He is not so good with rain, but he was ok and if the weather change he can still win Dauophiné.

As I said yesterday, with people as Nibali and Contador, Froome cant slep well, becouse he is not so good as them in stage with lot of variables.

Fair enough, I didn't see the stage but I think yesterday too, he didn'tt look as strong as last year.
Maybe we will know more tomorrow.

Typical butthurt CN ''writers''.

''Costa, who had taken the shortest turns possible in the break, then set about reeling him back in. As he crossed the line with the stage win, he pointed to the rainbow bands on the sleeve of his jersey, the events reminiscent of that rainy day in Florence in 2013.''

May 26, 2015
Visit site
No surprise regarding froome, he will be better at the tour as he obvously has scope for improvement but not anything scary or special.....been a long time since that and people seriously needs to wake up and stop living in the past or they will be serious disappointed come TDF

Poursuivant said:
Mongolian Torque said:
Rollthedice said:
Ha, ha ha. Music to my ears.

Awesome! Sky just keeps on emptying that karma bank.

SKY = classless rubes. Half step away from being categorised with their football hooligans.

Ok, I need to ask: what hooligans?
I used to go to lots of away games in the 80's with Liverpool so maybe he means me. For the record I might have been a football hooligan* but I completely dissociate myself from Team Sky and Murdoch's filthy lucre.

*i wasn't

cineteq said:
ray j willings said:
I don't expect Nibs to defend. I think he will sit up again tomorrow.

Valverde is a different matter and has some nice time over TJ. Froome etc.

I expect one of the Garmin boys Martin or Talansky to go for a long one tomorrow "makes sense"

TJ rode a lot at the front trying to chase down, the fact Froome sat on his wheel and could not distance TJ by much at the end does not bold well for Froome.

I think Froome will struggle tomorrow. If Sky want to win they will have to ride and TJ etc will just sit behind Froome and then attack

Yates was strong and the race is pretty much open for attacks. great stuff.

I love chaos, its so exciting.

to be honest "Fu$% knows whats going to happen"
Good post! Agree Nibali won't defend unless minimal effort is needed. Valverde looks tired, he'll fade. TJ looks good to win it all. This year finally Froome has been exposed

Exactly this. Bless Nibali for taking this by the scruff. Great day. And great weather just made it all the more fun.

Poursuivant said:
Taxus4a said:
Poursuivant said:

Fair enough, I didn't see the stage but I think yesterday too, he didn'tt look as strong as last year.
Maybe we will know more tomorrow.

:)

I am not sure, last year he was really strong in the prologue and first mountain stage, it was impressive, Contador was at his wheel and he couldn win the stage.

But yesterday was a shor stage with a short last climb, and today was a day with rain,with small climbs and he is much better with hot.

I dont know the forecast for the weekend, there are again short stages like in the Tour, but more at the end of the race and with best final climbs I think we can take more conclusions.

Today he was bad, he was weaker than TVG again and Beñat was at least at his level.

It would be interesting to heard him, but it is good there is not a clear dominance.

Re:

BigMac said:

Thanks I missed the stage so just watched this! It was hard watching Bardet's head bounce on the tarmac like that :( What a difference a day makes for Nibs. Turned back into the guy we love to watch. He went a bit to early and ran out of steam, but has the MJ as consolation. Simon Yates impressing again. Froome meh. Tejay can still win this, he did most of the work back there, that is the price of the leaders jersey.

Later I should be able to watch more than the final 10km when the replay gets put up.

Re:

BigMac said:
Typical butthurt CN ''writers''.

''Costa, who had taken the shortest turns possible in the break, then set about reeling him back in. As he crossed the line with the stage win, he pointed to the rainbow bands on the sleeve of his jersey, the events reminiscent of that rainy day in Florence in 2013.''
It's true, what's the problem with it?

Nibali told La Gazzetta:
"Sono felice a metà, perché volevo la vittoria di tappa. Ma nel finale Rui Costa è stato quello che ne aveva di più. Avere la maglia gialla è bello, ma quella che voglio io si deve prendere a luglio. Difenderla qui al Delfinato? Vedremo, ho speso molto e ci aspettano altri due giorni difficilissimi".
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-...sta-nibali-leader-generale-120139258360.shtml

I am only half happy: I wanted to win the stage. But at the end Rui Costa was the one who had the most. To have the MJ is nice, but that's for July (not now). Will I defend the MJ? We'll see - I spent a lot (today) and there are 2 v. difficult days to come.

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Nibali told La Gazzetta:
"Sono felice a metà, perché volevo la vittoria di tappa. Ma nel finale Rui Costa è stato quello che ne aveva di più. Avere la maglia gialla è bello, ma quella che voglio io si deve prendere a luglio. Difenderla qui al Delfinato? Vedremo, ho speso molto e ci aspettano altri due giorni difficilissimi".
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-...sta-nibali-leader-generale-120139258360.shtml

I am only half happy: I wanted to win the stage. But at the end Rui Costa was the one who had the most. To have the MJ is nice, but that's for July (not now). Will I defend the MJ? We'll see - I spent a lot (today) and there are 2 v. difficult days to come.

Thanks for translating

Re:

rm7 said:
Costa's always good in Suisse/Dauphine and then can't deliever in the GC at the Tour

A bit harsh, no? He was focused on classics, only lost weight to climb last year. Then he came down with pneumonia or whatever it was at the Tour. If he fails this year, by all means say stuff like that, but saying that at this point is silly.

TRENDING THREADS