• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 156km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Now I remember why I don't normally watch races with Froome in them. Not only is he stupendously boring because of his alien-ness and I am left with an unshakable sense of disgust every time I see him show off his superiority, but his technique is so painful to watch, itmakes Escartín look like Herrera, which makes it all the more difficult to deal with seeing.

Yet, somehow you seems to be fine when Clentador does the same thing...
Do I? Since when?

I find Contador's shows of strength similarly stupid, but with Froome the combination of the ludicrous power with the abysmal technique just makes it all the more cringeworthy.

Well, it's been a while since you and me clinched heads but I am pretty sure you weren't outraged back in 2009-2011...
You should have picked Valverde or Cobo if you really wanted to point out my hypocrisy. You could even have gone way back and mentioned Sella, although I was laughing at his antics a lot more than the others (edit: the other riders I mentioned, not others as in other fans). Those are the guys I hate to love. I have no love for Alberto.

But regardless: domination is never fun to watch, and when the person who is dominating has a personality it's difficult to like and rides in a style that is visibly painful to watch, from a team tactic that is not very entertaining, I don't enjoy it, and since I watch bike racing for entertainment, I stop watching. I end up getting into arguments because I tend to stick to my guns. And so, to avoid getting annoyed, frustrated and getting into arguments, I've basically stopped watching races Froome enters, and only occasionally dip my toes back into the world of Froome. And am usually very quickly reminded why I normally steer clear of that minefield.

Edit 2: I see pastronef has picked up on that my "sense of disgust" was to refer to watching his crawling-all-over-the-bike style. I didn't pace my statements very well, clearly, as that was meant to tie in to what I was saying about him making Escartín look like Herrera - two guys who were great climbers, but one with a hideously ungainly style that was difficult to watch and one with a very stylish climbing style.

Walkman said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
Regarding the Contador-Froome comparisons, it's one thing to watch American Pharoah winning the Triple Crown and then express some skepticism. It's an entire other thing to watch a former donkey winning the Kentucky Derby.

And that's the problem.

Without going full clinic, lets just say that the combination of "Spain" + "ONCE" +"2003 cycling culture" equals one thing. So who are you to tell me who is a born race horse and who is not?

If you believe Froome was born a racehorse, then I will happily leave you to wallow in your fantasy.

ChewbaccaDefense said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Now I remember why I don't normally watch races with Froome in them. Not only is he stupendously boring because of his alien-ness and I am left with an unshakable sense of disgust every time I see him show off his superiority, but his technique is so painful to watch, itmakes Escartín look like Herrera, which makes it all the more difficult to deal with seeing.
His extraterrestrialness is even worse when you consider he is probably the least efficient pedaller in the bunch.

If he had an even average pedaling style he'd be the new Merckx.
He's already completely beyond any logical boundaries of belief before you consider that, but when you also take that into account, you either give up on the sport, move to the clinic permanently or just laugh your ass off.

I choose to laugh. It's like an episode of Jerry Springer, just point at it and laugh at the idiocy.

Even worse are the people who believe Stemgazer is walking between the raindrops. That crummy little island must have more denial per capita than any other place on the planet.

Butthurt yank needs his blood pressure checking :D

del1962 said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:
His extraterrestrialness is even worse when you consider he is probably the least efficient pedaller in the bunch.

He's already completely beyond any logical boundaries of belief before you consider that, but when you also take that into account, you either give up on the sport, move to the clinic permanently or just laugh your ass off.

I choose to laugh. It's like an episode of Jerry Springer, just point at it and laugh at the idiocy.

Even worse are the people who believe Stemgazer is walking between the raindrops. That crummy little island must have more denial per capita than any other place on the planet.

C'mon del, not that card. Most of us aren't even yanks.

Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
Regarding the Contador-Froome comparisons, it's one thing to watch American Pharoah winning the Triple Crown and then express some skepticism. It's an entire other thing to watch a former donkey winning the Kentucky Derby.

Hey American Pharaoh has been a very special horse from the time of his first work as a 2 year old out at the farm! He was simply jaw dropping. Amazing stride, extremely efficient, fluid and ground covering. He is pure physical talent with the best mind and attitude to go with it. Truly a marvelous animal. I've been around horses all my life and I knew he was special way before he arrived at a racetrack.

So, what can we take from this CdD leading into the TdF? Chis and Tejay look like they will be ready. Vincenzo looks ready too (I'll fall on the side of him measuring his efforts). Can Rui battle for three weeks? Is Romain ready? Can Andrew make up some of his missing form? The bigger questions likely come from outside the CdD: How are Alberto and Nario going? Who else?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Walkman said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

And that's the problem.

Without going full clinic, lets just say that the combination of "Spain" + "ONCE" +"2003 cycling culture" equals one thing. So who are you to tell me who is a born race horse and who is not?

How many GT for the egg faced git wizard....1
How many for Bertie ,,,, :D

Nice stage finish.

I cant understand how is posible to performe better with that hight spin, someone should explain me one day to undestand, but look that works.

It is a pity for Intxausti, but it is always the same with the people that rode the Giro, very well in Dauphiné except the last day. Too close to the Giro... and the other people is getting better shape day by day.

del1962 said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:

The majority of us aren't even yanks. I'm guessing the majority of Froome tossers are brits though.

Libertine Seguros said:
Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:

Yet, somehow you seems to be fine when Clentador does the same thing...
Do I? Since when?

I find Contador's shows of strength similarly stupid, but with Froome the combination of the ludicrous power with the abysmal technique just makes it all the more cringeworthy.

Well, it's been a while since you and me clinched heads but I am pretty sure you weren't outraged back in 2009-2011...
You should have picked Valverde or Cobo if you really wanted to point out my hypocrisy. You could even have gone way back and mentioned Sella, although I was laughing at his antics a lot more than the others. Those are the guys I hate to love. I have no love for Alberto.

Well, I might have gotten it wrong then. I am not above admitting my own mistakes.

The reason why I reacted is because of all the fanboys/haters who praise Contador and slam Froome when that are doing the same thing (basically). Froome is no doubt more controlled/boring but he is not the one who has been suspended either.
Libertine Seguros said:
But regardless: domination is never fun to watch, and when the person who is dominating has a personality it's difficult to like and rides in a style that is visibly painful to watch, from a team tactic that is not very entertaining, I don't enjoy it, and since I watch bike racing for entertainment, I stop watching. I end up getting into arguments because I tend to stick to my guns. And so, to avoid getting annoyed, frustrated and getting into arguments, I've basically stopped watching races Froome enters, and only occasionally dip my toes back into the world of Froome. And am usually very quickly reminded why I normally steer clear of that minefield.

Well, that explains why I never see you post anymore. Bu I do agree, domination is never too fun and if you only care about entertainment I can see where you come from. I am also here for entertainment but as an athlete myself I do care about the cheating part of the sport. Thus I react when I see people who act like hypocrites.

And as for Froome style, I kind of like it. It's mechanical and weird, but hey it's not that bad if you ask me.

Moose McKnuckles said:
Walkman said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

And that's the problem.

If you believe Froome was born a racehorse, then I will happily leave you to wallow in your fantasy.

I didn't say that. I was merely reacting to you implying that Contador was born a racehorse, don't try and twist my words. Explain yourself instead.

ray j willings said:
Walkman said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

And that's the problem.

Don't really see how that would be of any interest to the matter that we are discussing.

Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:

No matter what system is used, a donkey will never win any race unless its against other donkeys.

Walkman said:
ray j willings said:
Walkman said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

And that's the problem.

Don't really see how that would be of any interest to the matter that we are discussing.

Well maybe you should go discuss it in the subforum that it belongs in and give the rest of us a break.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
Nice stage finish.

I cant understand how is posible to performe better with that hight spin, someone should explain me one day to undestand, but look that works.

It is a pity for Intxausti, but it is always the same with the people that rode the Giro, very well in Dauphiné except the last day. Too close to the Giro... and the other people is getting better shape day by day.
I think his cadence might have something to do with his long skinny limbs.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

ChewbaccaDefense said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:

Butthurt yank needs his blood pressure checking :D[/quote]

The majority of us aren't even yanks. I'm guessing the majority of Froome tossers are brits though.[/quote]

They are and he's not even a Brit. I am a Brit [ London] But I don't have that " desperate for a champion we will take anyone we can get from anyway mentality and then complain about immigration"
We Brits [not me though] are like media hypnotized sheep "they don't even know it" ...puppets of peer pressure in what ever form.
The cycle mates I have hate it when I cheer Bertie or Nibs on and almost explode when I tell them I really enjoyed watching Ricco ride. You would have thought I killed one of the queens swan's .

jmdirt said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

No matter what system is used, a donkey will never win any race unless its against other donkeys.

Complete and utter nonsense. It's sad that you actually believe that. It appears you aren't familiar with professional cycling.

Walkman said:
Well, that explains why I never see you post anymore. Bu I do agree, domination is never too fun and if you only care about entertainment I can see where you come from. I am also here for entertainment but as an athlete myself I do care about the cheating part of the sport. Thus I react when I see people who act like hypocrites.

And as for Froome style, I kind of like it. It's mechanical and weird, but hey it's not that bad if you ask me.
It's not like I don't care about the cheating part of the sport (I've got very into the doping draft, where we all poke fun at the ridiculous performances of days gone by), but suffice to say, although obviously we'd have to go to the Clinic to go any further on this and are already going too far anyway, I don't believe in either of them.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

ray j willings said:
Arredondo said:
Great ride by Froome. However, we will only know in the Pyrenees how good he really is.

Purito on schedule. Good stage. Yates impressive too!

Purito on schedule for what? He looked like a donkey. That attack lasted about 4 yards,,,rubbish

Are you some kind of a troll? His build up is completely different then guys like Froome and TvG.

He will be good. And in the mix for the podium.

Ugh. Can't you guys just watch the races without dropping your semi-veiled (or not veiled at all) clinic references? That's what it's there for. No matter who wins a big race, that rider's detractors just can't help themselves and have to start with the accusations.

They are and he's not even a Brit. I am a Brit [ London] But I don't have that " desperate for a champion we will take anyone we can get from anyway mentality and then complain about immigration"
We Brits [not me though] are like media hypnotized sheep "they don't even know it" ...puppets of peer pressure in what ever form.
The cycle mates I have hate it when I cheer Bertie or Nibs on and almost explode when I tell them I really enjoyed watching Ricco ride. You would have thought I killed one of the queens swan's .

Only Lance has won more GT's doping than Bertie has, despite the fact I love his panache and style its hard to get away from his long and storied history of doping.

Moose McKnuckles said:
Walkman said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

And that's the problem.

I think what he's saying is that you can't be certain Contador was born a thoroughbred. There's no argument about Froome.

Arredondo said:
ray j willings said:
Arredondo said:
Great ride by Froome. However, we will only know in the Pyrenees how good he really is.

Purito on schedule. Good stage. Yates impressive too!

Purito on schedule for what? He looked like a donkey. That attack lasted about 4 yards,,,rubbish

Are you some kind of a troll? His build up is completely different then guys like Froome and TvG.

He will be good. And in the mix for the podium.

Wait,Arrendondo don't tell me you never heard before of master troll Ray you don't know what you are missing ;)

TRENDING THREADS