• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah, August 3 to 9

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BigMac said:
Carols said:
Wow Phinney and Stetina are riding! It will be good to see how they have come out of rehabs. Especially Phinney, he's been out for over a year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phinney-stetina-to-return-to-racing-in-tour-of-utah

BTW live coverage daily on FOXSports 1. Hopefully better coverage than the drivel from ROOT in the last few years.

Thanks for the streaming info Carols, updated the OP.

And it will be imense to see Phinney back on the bike, and Stetina too. They'll have lots of support there, best race for them to come back.

The Tour of Utah's Tour Tracker was amazing last year, too. It's also quite free.

As for watching live, I'll be seeing the women's crit in Ogden on Tuesday at 11:30a.m., the SLC circuit race on Friday, and spending the weekend in Park City with some friends in order to see the final two stages.

Mrs. Tibbs is doing a triathlon at Jordanelle Saturday morning, but it's only an Olympic distance and she'll be in the water at 7:30, so we're planning on having plenty of time to get to Empire Pass before the peloton does.

Re: Re:

mr. tibbs said:
webvan said:
Thanks for the preview!
No coverage in Europe it seems, but http://tourtracker.tourofutah.com/ looks promising ;-)

It's outstanding. Minus the Replay feature, it's basically the same thing that I paid NBC Sports $30 for to watch that French race this year.

zlev11 said:
looks like this has a replay feature too

Yeah it does. Basically you can rewind during live, but that feature stops working after the transmission is over.

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see Stetina at the start-line, but by his own admission he's only had 2.5 weeks training after major reconstructive patella surgery. At best, he'll make one or two grupettos before abandoning. What's the point? Why keep another rider out of the race, and why risk developing a host of other chronic tendinopathic issues by pushing it too early? I'm not a part of his medical team, but if his injury was as serious as has been reported, I'm really surprised they're letting him race.

The break:

Johann Van Zyl for MTN
Carlos Ramirez for Colombia
Joe Schmalz for Hincapie
Emerson Oronte for Smartstop
Gregory Daniel for AXEON
David Williams for Jamis
Josh Berry for Budget Forklifts

Surprised to see Greg in the fornt.