• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 National Championships Discussion

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Angliru said:
TMP402 said:
Angliru said:
TMP402 said:
RedheadDane said:
I kinda think there are, after all; it's a National Championship.
The Czech/Slovak championship is held in one of the countries involved, not like they go somewhere completely unrelated.

I was just thinking: it seems a shame Froome never has and probably never will show off the British champion's jersey. If they engineered it as a _______/ style course held in February, March or April, he might win. And since there aren't too many finishes like this in the UK, they could hold it elsewhere... perhaps Tenerife.

If he wants to win a national champion he needs to learn what it takes to be competitive in one day races. I hope you're not serious. How can it be a national championship if it's held in an entirely different country? Hold it in Tenerife just so Froome has a better chance to win? :confused: This a bizarre concept.

Of course I'm not serious. :rolleyes:

Edit: about holding it outside the country of the champion. But I absolutely would design a course to suit the best rider from any given country.

Fortunately you aren't in a position to create a course with intention of making it easier for one specific rider. Let him figure out a way to win on the courses that are chosen by the parties involved. He will appreciate the victory that much more if and when it happens. Froome is a multi-faceted rider that shouldn't be at too much of a disadvantage on any course.

Froome has literally never entered the British national championships (unless as an amateur before 07). He did the TT once, in 2010. So he clearly doesn't care about it, which is why I jokingly said it should be a Tenerife training ride for him.