• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 National Championships Discussion

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
After seeing the French Road Final video, Bardet is lucky to still be riding the Tour. Roux swung into the line twice. First he barely missed Bouhanni a first time shoving him to the barriers. Then Roux swing OUT, Bardet was second wheel up against the barriers when Roux did it again, took out Bouhanni and it looked like Bardet would hit the barriers, but saved it. He must have missed a shift at that point which stalled him as Roux went by second. Bardet rolled in far after the sprint, gesticulating and clearly pissed.

Roux should not be just DQ'ed, he should be suspended for such a reckless finish. What a menace.

Re: Re:

Happy dude said:
Its a shame kittel has been dropped from the tdf squad. Because he would of had his butt kicked

Entirely possible. I think it was a mistake to leave him home as he was finally starting to come around after his problems and I think he could have picked up a win or two. Shame about Nacer, too. Wish we could have had all the top sprinters on top form at the Tour. Down to Cav, Greipel, and AK now.

And great race by Cav today, btw. No way Kittel does something like that.

oldcrank said:
Pricey_sky said:
Cavendish saying he hit a camera with a couple of laps to go on the shoulder and it feels bad so needs to go and get it checked out. Hope it's just a bit of bruising and nothing more.
Yes, disappointing behaviour by a few 'fans' today,
Kennaugh also made contact on the last climb with
someone standing on the road to take a photo. :mad:

Fuccing selfie clowns again.

Dazed and Confused said:
oldcrank said:
Pricey_sky said:
Cavendish saying he hit a camera with a couple of laps to go on the shoulder and it feels bad so needs to go and get it checked out. Hope it's just a bit of bruising and nothing more.

Think it was more the spectators just trying to get photos of the riders, not necessarily a selfie, but yes still clowns for not respecting the riders.

Kennaugh said he got hit a couple of times on his way up the climb too.

Orbit501 said:
Can someone help me out on the Dutch race please? Better still if you've got a highlights link.

From the results alone it would appear Terpstra won in a reduced sprint that had Danny Van Poppel and Hofland in it. What happened there then?

Last 20kms.

https://vid.me/3wOI

But I wouldn't waste time watching until the last few kms.

Dreadful , yes even awful roads.

Anyway, happy Terpstra won. By far the best orange rider on such terrain.

Dazed and Confused said:
Orbit501 said:
Can someone help me out on the Dutch race please? Better still if you've got a highlights link.

From the results alone it would appear Terpstra won in a reduced sprint that had Danny Van Poppel and Hofland in it. What happened there then?

Last 20kms.

Excellent, thanks for that, much appreciated.

Dazed and Confused said:
Orbit501 said:

Last 20kms.

I thought people were joking. He literally outsprinted Hofland, Sinkeldam, Groenewegen, and van Poppel. Amazing.

Ok, just finished watching and I'm gobsmacked! :eek:

Results were indeed true that it was a proper bunch sprint.

Chapeau Niki Terpstra to out sprint Danny Van Poppel, Sinkeldam and Hofland. Looked like Hofland was spent mind and couldn't have helped losing a team mate on that nasty wet corner near the finish. Take nothing away for that result though, top sprint there from Terpstra.

With Kittel and now Bohanni out of TdF , and now this result + British one, can we be forgiven in putting 2 and 2 together, coming up with 5 and saying Cav is going to clean up in July? lol

Lottonl really is a disgrace. they haven't won the nc in 5 (!) years. Today they somehow managed to go allin for a sprint in the last 10k but somehow not having anyone around their sprinter for the final couple kms.

worst team in the wt by a mile. They'll be happy when they finish 11th, 12th and 13rd in the Tour... :rolleyes: :eek:

Pricey_sky said:
Dazed and Confused said:
oldcrank said:
Pricey_sky said:

Think it was more the spectators just trying to get photos of the riders, not necessarily a selfie, but yes still clowns for not respecting the riders.

Kennaugh said he got hit a couple of times on his way up the climb too.

I got hit by Blythe's helmet and I wasn't even taking a photo. It was carnage on there. The path was so narrow, and there were so many people there, and the riders wanted to use the gutters, rather than the cobbles - collisions were inevitable. I was amazed it wasn't barriered all the way up.

Re:

Billie said:
Lottonl really is a disgrace. they haven't won the nc in 5 (!) years. Today they somehow managed to go allin for a sprint in the last 10k but somehow not having anyone around their sprinter for the final couple kms.

worst team in the wt by a mile. They'll be happy when they finish 11th, 12th and 13rd in the Tour... :rolleyes: :eek:

IAM?

Samamba said:
Billie said:

IAM?

Well they're new and were a desperate invitation to make up the numbers in the first place.

Samamba said:
Billie said:

IAM?

Nah, not when you consider who is on LottoNL's team. They have more "talent" imo and they are doing worse this year. IAM has more wins so far.

Pricey_sky said:
Arredondo said:
Pricey_sky said:
Been a great effort from Cav but surely he'd be better off just sitting up and resting for the Tour than burying himself for a potential 4th.

I don't get statements like this. He's riding this race anyway, why not giving as much as you can? It's not going to make a difference for the Tour

Well it may not make any difference but his target is the Tour and he's really buried himself in this race,I hope he hasn't gone too far into the red for it to have left its mark. That being said I'd love Cav to win!

I really don't get this way of thinking. One hard day on the road isn't going to accusedversely effect a sprinter's form for a grand tour. Could someone explain this to me?

You think the British championships were messy? Over in Belarus, the new national road race champion Andrei Krasilnikau is looking for a new team after commenting on twitter that his team boss at the Minsk team, ex-Liquigas and Катюша pro Aliaksandr Kuschynski, has confiscated his bike and gear, with Krasilnikau's side of the story suggesting this is solely because of his beating Kuschynski, who is both a fellow team rider and the team manager, at the end.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
You think the British championships were messy? Over in Belarus, the new national road race champion Andrei Krasilnikau is looking for a new team after commenting on twitter that his team boss at the Minsk team, ex-Liquigas and Катюша pro Aliaksandr Kuschynski, has confiscated his bike and gear, with Krasilnikau's side of the story suggesting this is solely because of his beating Kuschynski, who is both a fellow team rider and the team manager, at the end.

This is the most bizarre thing I have read all week.

That said, retweeted. Nobody should have to cope with mafiosos like that.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:

:D:D
lol
amazing

The Hungarian nationals were also somewhat messy, as the eventual winner, Molnar Istvan reportedly tricked the runner-up and former winner Kusztor Peter. They "fixed" the outcome of the race between the 2 of them, with the stronger Kusztor agreeing to do the majority of the work, and Molnar promising not to fight him for the win. Thanks to Kusztor's work they stayed clear of the chasers, but with 600 m to go Molnar told Kusztor that they should sprint for the win. He then won the sprint over the tired Kusztor :D:D

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:

Oh my, this kind of guy... I don't even know he's still riding, and then he makes the news with something like this

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

woodenswan said:
Libertine Seguros said:

:D:D
lol
amazing

The Hungarian nationals were also somewhat messy, as the eventual winner, Molnar Istvan reportedly tricked the runner-up and former winner Kusztor Peter. They "fixed" the outcome of the race between the 2 of them, with the stronger Kusztor agreeing to do the majority of the work, and Molnar promising not to fight him for the win. Thanks to Kusztor's work they stayed clear of the chasers, but with 600 m to go Molnar told Kusztor that they should sprint for the win. He then won the sprint over the tired Kusztor :D:D

Next time Molnar is in a break no one will work.

Angliru said:
Pricey_sky said:
Arredondo said:
Pricey_sky said:
Been a great effort from Cav but surely he'd be better off just sitting up and resting for the Tour than burying himself for a potential 4th.

I don't get statements like this. He's riding this race anyway, why not giving as much as you can? It's not going to make a difference for the Tour

Well it may not make any difference but his target is the Tour and he's really buried himself in this race,I hope he hasn't gone too far into the red for it to have left its mark. That being said I'd love Cav to win!

I really don't get this way of thinking. One hard day on the road isn't going to accusedversely effect a sprinter's form for a grand tour. Could someone explain this to me?

Just going by what he said in 2013, he had to fight really hard in the British champs the week before the Tour going into the red, he said his form towards the end of the Tour started to suffer because of that effort.

Re:

Billie said:

They did everything right until the break got caught. Only 4-5 riders there to help Hofland and they were all used up with 2-3km to go, while there were still about 8 lottonl jumbo riders at the back of the bunch just sitting there.
Now Hofland had to fight for position himself and the last 2-3km were very twisty and it was wet that's why the gaps were created. The first were going so fast through the corners that gaps were made in the bunch.
Anyways instead of having 4-5 man for the last 2km to make sure Hofland leaves the last corner in 2nd position behind a teammate Lottonl burned their man 4-5km before the finish.

Hofland also looked bad in the sprint, but it could be he was completely demoralised allready by the lack of help.
Also I didnt consider Hofland as the one big favourite. He isnt the fastest sprinter on a flat run in and with some other decent sprinters out there it certainly wasnt garanteed he won.

Now the finals laps were raced very hard in the rain and you can see the effect on the sprinters. They lost their speed/explosion while Terpstra is still able to sprint. He was also in perfect position ofcourse.

Fun fact, sinkeldam and terpstra live in the same town and train a lot together. They also do sprint matches and Sinkeldam wins 99 out of 100 of those sprints :)

TRENDING THREADS