• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Ronde van België (Baloise Belgium Tour) 27-31/05 2.HC

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

WheelofGear said:
Is there any cobbles? If yes, I'm starting to think that Elminger could take it. If only hills, nobody is gonna beat GVA.

Stage 3 has Paddestraat-Lippenhovestraat at 10k to go but I doubt any differences between the top contenders will be made on that stage. This Golden km on the other hand will be far more important.

Re: Re:

Flamin said:
WheelofGear said:
Is there any cobbles? If yes, I'm starting to think that Elminger could take it. If only hills, nobody is gonna beat GVA.

Stage 3 has Paddestraat-Lippenhovestraat at 10k to go but I doubt any differences between the top contenders will be made on that stage. This Golden km on the other hand will be far more important.

Studied the section in Google Maps. It's about 2k and very narrow. Could be crucial. If I were Quick-Step, I'd try to eliminate some of the fast guys and types like Brändle. Both for stage win and GC.

Velolover2 said:
Flamin said:
WheelofGear said:

Studied the section in Google Maps. It's about 2k and very narrow. Could be crucial. If I were Quick-Step, I'd try to eliminate some of the fast guys and types like Brändle. Both for stage win and GC.

Paddestraat and Lippenhovestraat are more than 2k. It's about 3,5k cobbles.

Velolover2 said:
Flamin said:
WheelofGear said:

QS will likely go crazy there to try and win the stage indeed. If they want the gc, they'll need to exploit their numbers and go from far, because the biggest threats are Greg and Elmiger and they're not going to drop any significant time on a few cobblestones and especially Greg will be the boss (stating the obvious, i know) in the final Ardennes stage.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

cellardoor said:
I haven't been watching this race but very happy to read that Boonen is back to winning ways. After his fairly lack luster Giro I was worrying that he wasn't going to get his mojo working again.
this is the tour of belgium, any idiot on a bike can win here pretty much

May 28, 2012
Visit site

Happy dude said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Where is that guy who said that Boonen can't sprint? :eek:
I'd like them to name someone as old as boonen who can sprint as well. Everyone loses explosiveness with age
Petacchi won two stages in the Tour and the green jersey at 36. But I agree that Boonen is only one of his generation who is still involved in high level sprints.

TRENDING THREADS