• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Route

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's a shortcut on the manse ascent. Normally they follow the N85 Northwards out of Gap, now they take the shortcut via rue de la Descente:

4betOi9.png

So the 1km of 10% is going to be at the bottom of the Manse climb with still several kms to the top.

McLovin said:
It's at the begining of Bayard/Manse, right? Then what's the profile of Manse from this side?
I can't find any profile of it, but here is when I mapped it myself with the first ascent being the new one and the second being the traditional one:

LmGB16y.png

The only difference is between 800m and 900m altitude (pretty exact), where the new one is 1km at 10%, whereas the old one was roughly 1.5km of 7%.

McLovin said:
For the first time since a Tour was won because of time bonuses (2007).

http://www.liberation.fr/sports/201...tions-dans-toutes-les-etapes-en-ligne_1215593
The Tour wasn't won by time bonuses in 2007...

edit: My French isn't very good (at all), but it doesn't seem clear to me from the quotes whether or not it's just a confirmation that the first week is with bonus seconds or if it is for all stages. Either way it's sh!t, but it's even more sh!t if it's for the mountain stages as well. The new rules for the team classification is ridiculous. So if a team has four riders in a break away that stick to the finish, they won't gain any time in the team classification on other teams with five riders in the peloton? :O

edit: with the Rodez finish green will be a walkover for Sagan. No way some cosmetic change to points system will change that.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
The Tour wasn't won by time bonuses in 2007...
I forgot about the fact the three mountain stages had breakaways. 99% of what I remember from that Tour are those sprints uphill, including Peyresourde which was won from the breakaway.

Netserk said:
The new rules for the team classification is ridiculous. So if a team has four riders in a break away that stick to the finish, they won't gain any time in the team classification on other teams with five riders in the peloton? :O

*** :eek::rolleyes:

I also don't understand why they bother multiplying it by 5. It won't make any difference :eek:

I don't like bonus seconds on all stages either. Only flat stages is fine. Not on mountain stages.

Edit: I think both you and I misread, I think they are just talking about the TTT stage

LaFlorecita said:
*** :eek::rolleyes:

I also don't understand why they bother multiplying it by 5. It won't make any difference :eek:

I don't like bonus seconds on all stages either. Only flat stages is fine. Not on mountain stages.

Edit: I think both you and I misread, I think they are just talking about the TTT stage
Yeah, after I read it over again, it's about the TTT. So gaps will be 5 times as big???

edit: Ahhh, finally I got it :eek: It's the team GC that will be 5 times as big that day.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I like that they're doing the Mur de Huy, and of course, the Alpe (mainly for comparison purposes, just the ideal climb for that). Looks pretty bad otherwise though. But it's the riders that provide the entertainment, and if the Big 4 show up in form, the battle for GC is going to be enthralling.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

WheelofGear said:
Too many MTF.

This will be the anti-Giro. Controlled from start to finish. The breakaway will only get a chance one or two times.

Way too many indeed, this route sucks. I hope they watch and learn what the Giro did. some good stages (Cauterets, Rodez, Mende, even mur de Huy, Cobbles, St Jean de Maurienne) but the oveall economy of this Tour de France is just bad. Only chance is if the cobbles spark major chaos again. Otherwise this will be uber controlled.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
That TTT has a great parcours, the only problem is that it's a freaking TTT...

The semi-hill stages are fine. Ok there are just uphill sprints but better than the flat sprints we otherwise get.

3rd time in 4 years they do that stage in gap, quite original...

No stages like stage 9 of the giro, although stage 18 isn't too bad. I like that one.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
That TTT has a great parcours, the only problem is that it's a freaking TTT...

The semi-hill stages are fine. Ok there are just uphill sprints but better than the flat sprints we otherwise get.

3rd time in 4 years they do that stage in gap, quite original...

No stages like stage 9 of the giro, although stage 18 isn't too bad. I like that one.

Stage 18 is really nice, but because it is stuck before la Toussuire and l'Alpe it'll be "unraced" by the leaders.. this is the issue, some stages in isolation are nice, but in the general structure of the tour the race will be Vueltaesques MTF sprint racing.. Buark.

I like the fact that there are only 4 boring stages in the first week (ITT, TTT, mur de huy, mur de bretagne, cobbles) although the flat stages are really really flat (does anyone knows how hard the final kilometres of stage 6 are). The second week could be a lot of fun, first with the pyrenees (although I only really like the cauterets stage, but the other two stages will still be more entertaining than flat ones) and then the massif central with the stages to rodez and mende. Of course there is still the not very unlikely possiblity that there is a team like sky, tinkoff or astana which controls everything. The first three stages of the last week are great too. Medium mountain stage to gap, interesting mtf in par loup and the downhill finish to saint jean de maurienne. But then they suddenly destroyed everything with two difficult mtf´s. Seriously, why should anybody take the risk to attack on the glandon although he also has the chance to make a "safe" attack to alp d huez. I think the final week would be much better, the other way around.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
I like the fact that there are only 4 boring stages in the first week (ITT, TTT, mur de huy, mur de bretagne, cobbles) although the flat stages are really really flat (does anyone knows how hard the final kilometres of stage 6 are). The second week could be a lot of fun, first with the pyrenees (although I only really like the cauterets stage, but the other two stages will still be more entertaining than flat ones) and then the massif central with the stages to rodez and mende. Of course there is still the not very unlikely possiblity that there is a team like sky, tinkoff or astana which controls everything. The first three stages of the last week are great too. Medium mountain stage to gap, interesting mtf in par loup and the downhill finish to saint jean de maurienne. But then they suddenly destroyed everything with two difficult mtf´s. Seriously, why should anybody take the risk to attack on the glandon although he also has the chance to make a "safe" attack to alp d huez. I think the final week would be much better, the other way around.

Exactly. The last 2 stages will complete paralyse the race in the Alps.. Really I hope the Tour de France learns to have less MTFs.. Gives us back arrivals in Grenoble, Briançon, Chambéry, etc... Start each massif by a MTF if you want but by god never leave big MTFs for the end, because then everybody waits for them...

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
The final of stage 6:
Stage-1432649063.jpeg